The "helpful tips" dialogue repeatedly shows itself on every publish

Reproduction Steps

Currently as of 6/17/22, Roblox Studio will often give developers helpful tips when performing various actions. However, some of these tips repeatedly re-show themselves, even though the developer already interacted with them, resulting in an annoying user-experience. Since there is no setting to disable these helpful tips, the developer ends up having their workflow slowed down by this issue.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Publish a place to a game which is set to private
  2. Observe that the “Make this game public so players can play it!” help tip has appeared.
  3. Interact with the help tip
    Repeat steps 1 & 2, observe that despite interacting with the help tip, it is showing again.

An example of this happening on a completely different virtual desktop, making the problem even more cumbersome

Expected Behavior

It is expected that:

• The help tip will go away once I’ve interacted with it the first time
  • I should be able to completely DISABLE these help tips from studio’s settings… they’re not very helpful if they’re constantly getting in the way! (insert clippy the paperclip meme here)

Actual Behavior

Various studio “help” tips constantly re-show themselves even though they’ve been interacted with, resulting in an annoying user experience.

Workaround

None

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-06-17 00:06:00 (-04:00)

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting this issue. Our team is looking into this.

2 Likes

@gigagiele any update on this? This is still happening as of 8/16/22.

Hello @Noble_Draconian , just making sure: are you still able to reproduce the bug with this particular “Share your game” tip? Unless I’m mistaken, this tip now only shows up as a modal if you click the Share icon button first, instead of appearing unprompted. As for other tips/callouts, we are considering putting them under a setting in the long term.

1 Like

I haven’t had this bug happen in a while, I think you folks patched it :slight_smile:

Great, thanks for letting us know! We’ll internally mark this as resolved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.