The Horror Elevator [Classic] V0.3

V0.3 - BETA

The most important things in this update :orange_circle::

• The game has completed the “Alpha” stage and goes straight to the “Beta”

• Screamers (Jumpscare UI) have been added when the killer oneshot player.

NEW :yellow_circle:

• New floors have been added!
    → SCP-106
    → Jeeper Creeper
    → The Grudge
  • New music in elevator!

• New Badge!
    → Beta Tester (It is awarded when entering the game, during the Beta testing period)

• New badge item!
    → Banana Peel (For meow badge)

• Added a soft server shutdown (DEV)

CHANGES :green_circle:

• Changes in floors:
    → SCP-096: Reduced waiting time before an attack (meaning SCP-096 can now kill player per floor duration)
    → FNAF: Freddy’s skin has been changed to a more classic version

• Shop changes:
    → Instead of NPCs, there are killer sellers in the shop (Jeff, Jason, Freddy)

• Elevator changes:
    → Now all the music, while waiting for the next floor, will play from the speaker in the elevator.

FIXES :large_blue_circle:

→ Fixed a bug in nametag for players that could not identify the desired object for the nametag overhead. (DEV)

→ There were errors with soundtracks (the Sound object) that were either unavailable or did not work correctly. (DEV)

UI CHANGES/IMPROVEMENTS :purple_circle:

→ The new version of the roblox UI has been changed to the classic version. (As in 2017-2019 (CoreGUI)) →

- EXPERIMENTAL FEATURE (May be removed in the future due to bugs)

→ The “Feedback” button at the bottom of the screen has been changed to TopBar.

Now updates will not be published in the “Updates” section (TopBar) in the near future, because it takes a very long time.
All updates will appear in Roblox DevForum.

REMOVALS :red_circle:

→ The “Alpha Tester” badge has been removed and will no longer be available.
Those who have this achievement will have privileges or small differences in future updates!

Thanks for reading!

*if I specified the wrong category, then excuse me and correct me. This is my first post on DevForum.

Game Link: The Horror Elevator [Classic]

To contact me:

1. Write to me on the DevForum website

OR

1. Join the game

2. Find the “Feedback” button and click on it.

3. Enter your email or discord with your nickname in roblox with a message in which the reason for your contacting me will be written.

→ If the message contains threats, advertising, spam messages, fraud, then as a developer I will have the right to issue a permanent ban on the account for this game (if a nickname is provided). If the message is without a nickname, then I’ll just ignore it.

1 Like

Looks good! I assume this is inspired by The Normal Elevator and others?

Thanks for the feedback. This game was inspired by two authors of scary elevator type games. These are ZMadZeus and MrNotSoHERO. My goal is to revive the era of such games, when many people played them in 2016-2019 in order to get nostalgic.

That’s great. These are the games I used to play during this time period

1 Like

This game looks great! Nice job on it! How long did it take for you to create it? It’s very cool!

Thanks. Around 1-4 days (first public version). I used AI, Toolbox (Models and some scripts) and a little knowledge of Lua programming.

It seemed that there were not so many scripts in this game, since everything here can be done as simply as possible, but in fact, the opposite is true. For example, the script responsible for the elevator doors must manually enter each model that will appear in the workspace.

Simply put, for professional programmers, you can write a game in a couple of scripts, and in my case, a ton of scripts.

I am going to give the game an honest review after actually have played it. The game itself isn’t all that fun, and the details are lacking. Most of everything is either poorly designed or ripped from the asset box so try and learn how to hand craft your work. It looks great on your part if you can create everything yourself.

Remember Rome wasn’t built in a day so don’t expect your game to be either. I know I sound like a mr.knowitall but ive got some mean experience on roblox, and the amount of hours I have in the studio makes grass look non existent in my area. Just to show you what a horror game could look like as far as your game, use this for example.

This is a photo from a really old build named Isolation Inn and this was an elevator I hand crafted with parts.

Thanks for the feedback. I completely agree with you that many assets were taken from the toolbox. I am calmly able to create maps and models, I just don’t have the right idea how to implement it.

About the details and the fun:

• Yes, the game will be a bit boring, because
    there is not enough online in the game (based on the fact that players play these types of games with others, because they may be scared or just compete). This fact is also influenced by the restriction of music (i.e. copyright).

• There are few details, because this game is taken from 2016-2019 (the founders of the era of scary elevators ZMadZeus and MrNotSoHERO), so strong detail in this game is not much needed, because the base of this game is taken from these authors, whose old games are no longer available from them or updated to new ones.

Also about the photo, the graphics have been greatly changed, which adds a scary atmosphere, but I’m not strong in this category, so there is no such scary atmosphere in the game

To summarize, in the next updates I will try to change the details in my game and change the models that were taken from the Internet (toolbox).

1 Like