The Last Days - Roblox's newest post-apocalyptic open-world experience

Hello Devforum!

Over the past few months, we’ve been working on what would be the first released map of The Last Days universe - a brand new, post-apocalyptic open-world experience like no other on the platform.

We’re combining a relatively high level of realism, detail, and most importantly much time optimizing to create these maps, the first being the city map - called Amend.

The idea behind the maps being 1) to create a post-apocalyptic, immersive environment and 2) making the maps large enough to allow for as much exploration as possible.

You can join the group here (server link also found here):

Here are the first screenshots of the map:

City Map:

University Map:

You can join the group here (server link also found here):

Questions, feedback, suggestions, or anything else leave below! Thank you for your time!

Developers:

@mer5000 - Head Developer/Environment Artist/Builder/Project Manager
@FIorentius - Head Developer/Environment Artist/Builder/3D Modeler
@samtruck - Developer/Environment Artist/Builder
@MoekaKiryuu - Developer/Morph Maker
@Matthew V, - Developer/Sound Designer
@FatherFilthyFrank, @Ludakres - Lore Writers
@Asiimov - Social Media
@ObliteratedRox - Senior Staff Member/Long-time contributor

Special thank you to all the staff members, contributors, and friends

70 Likes

Wow looks fantastic! Can’t way to explore the map when the game releases!

2 Likes

Amazing creation, dwarfs anything like it on the platform. With this level of professionalism it’s more safe to assume the mechanics of the game itself will be of similar quality. Really cool stuff

Thank you :smiley: We’re pretty close to releasing a demo now, with ~50 buildings only in the downtown.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your images look really enticing. I am sure that the associated gameplay will be just as professional. Good luck to you in the release of this exciting-looking game.

1 Like

I checked out the game and I gotta say its pretty amazing!

One key feature that I think would really appeal to this game is using this this to make your game more immersive!

Thank you for the link, we’ll check it out

1 Like

Thanks a lot as always River :slight_smile:

1 Like

More pics

3 Likes

Pretty sic stuff hope the development goes smoothly

1 Like

Honestly cant wait for this games release

1 Like

I can’t wait either :smile: Should have a demo version out within the next week!

1 Like

This looks really cool! The last days looks like something I would really enjoy, and it sounds like you have a solid team put together.

I hope you have smooth sailing from here on out :slight_smile:

Wow excellent! Definitely going to be checking this out when it releases

2 Likes

We decided to redo the city layout.

Demo map coming soon!!

4 Likes

Who is the current programmer?

This is the best thing I’ve seen on Roblox and I think my obsession with post-apocalyptic games/theme also plays a part haha! These screenshots so amazing, and I cannot wait to explore the game when it comes out! Finally got something to look forward to!

1 Like

Thank you ! <

We’re opening a demo soon so just check back here

2 Likes

Major progress!!

3 Likes