The limits of Roblox

So I was wondering about the limits of roblox, I tried researching, but It was really hard to find. So, Here are my questions:

How many parts can you put into a game?
How many Remote Events can you fire at once?
How many different things can you save with DataStore?
How many scripts is too many?
What’s the limit to terrain?
What’s the limit to UI’s?
What’s the limits of moving parts?

etc.

Thank you so much if you answer my questions

6 Likes

There isn’t a specified limit but you can test this out by yourself in studio. Try firing remotes constantly see when it starts lagging or crashes, do the same for the rest.

5 Likes

If I’m not wrong the max limit for parts should be 300k parts I think. Correct if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

The limit is your imagination, from what I am aware of there are no specific limits. Just try to be efficient when you are developing a game so that most devices perform well, this will ensure the best possibility of your game being successful.

7 Likes

Dependance

Honestly it depends on the platform you’re using, and how strong your platform is. Cause some people may lag in a game with barely any parts and script, and some people may not lag in any game it roblox. In the end it depends on how strong your platform is and what it can handle.

7 Likes

The engine probably has a limit on how much data it is capable of handling, but your questions are largely dependent on the performance of the hardware you are targeting. A higher end PC can obviously handle more of all of the above than a low spec one or a smart phone.

For Datastore limits.
Remote Events send data at 20hz and has a request queue of 255

These aside I wouldn’t bother caring about such limits unless you actually think your project might hit it. There are definitely some things Roblox just can’t do or handle.

There are no hard coded limits, but there are limits. Processing power isn’t infinite. The limit is your imagination ᵂᶦᵗʰᶦⁿ ʳᵉᵃˢᵒⁿ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵃᵖᵃᵇᶦˡᶦᵗᶦᵉˢ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵃʳᵈʷᵃʳᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵉⁿᵍᶦⁿᵉ.

9 Likes

You should take your targeted audiences OS into consideration as well. Not every player has a decently built PC

1 Like

Thats what I was trying to say but thanks for catching the linguistic error :slight_smile:

1 Like

The reason you had a hard time finding a set number for each of those variables is because those variables alone can’t make a full game.

“How many Parts can I fit in a game?” - well how many scripts, players, moving objects, unions, meshparts, how many polys are in the meshparts, textures, what resolution are the textures, etc?

These all add up to a game, and none happen in a vacuum. Some games can have 100,000 Parts, some games can only have half that due to the other stuff that’s going on.

I urge you, and everyone, really, to stop looking at pieces of games (ie, just the building, or just the scripting) as stand-alone parts of a game. If you need your game to run smoothly for low-end PCs/phones, the best way to know is by testing your game.

10 Likes

nobody set out hard coded limits, but keep in mind that atleast a good chunk of the player base use low-end smartphones/tablets to play roblox, so unless you ignore a good chunk of players you’ll probably have to keep your work under a certain limit (I know, its annoying that we have to cater to the potato devices but a lot of people use potatoes to play roblox, so, it’s kinda limiting…)

3 Likes

I know this topic is old but I recently found a hard coded limit with guis like I was improving some screen capturing python script and then new guis would stop rendering(as you can tell there is the button is visible but doesn’t show not even in game and all of the pixels on the screen exist but can’t be rendered)