The new Microphone/Camera humanoid UI is clickable when occluded by other UI while still not on top

On the new Microphone/Camera humanoid UI that was added today, it can now be toggled even when occluded by other user’s UIs, worse, you cannot see or notice that you unmute this in all cases either, as the UI isn’t on top of the other UI.

See here:

Expected behavior

I expect for client to ideally not toggle my microphone/camera when occluded by another UI, or, if not possible, show it where I can actually see it. This is both a major UX and privacy concern for me, I have already triggered this multiple times unknowingly, particularly when clicking and dragging UIs.

5 Likes

I haven’t had issues with this myself as I use the avatar pop-out, but I can confirm that this does happen. This is a major issue! I do hope that Roblox makes it so that interactable UI on top of the mic/camera toggles takes priority over them instead of allowing the mic/camera to be toggled unknowingly.

This does happen with the pop-out as well, but it is much bigger and draggable, so it is not as much of an issue compared to the above-head buttons.

1 Like

Hi! I’m an engineer working on this feature. Could you link me to the experience that this issue can be reproduced in?

2 Likes

This occurs in any game. However, here’s a very quickly made reproduction place with a translucent frame you can easily drag over the buttons and see the issue. Additionally, while quickly making this, I’ve also noticed that the dragging frame goes under the new TextChatService UI, however, this does not occur with the legacy chat UI. Like the humanoid UI, you can still toggle the buttons, but it doesn’t let you drag the UI if the chat is visible.
image.

1 Like