The new Studio font selector no longer allows you to select fonts with the keyboard

Reproduction Steps

1. Create a TextLabel
  2. Go to the “FontFace” property of that TextLabel
  3. Select the FontFace property and/or open the FontFace selection menu
  4. Type “C” to select the font “Comic Neue Angular” (or whatever character + font you’d like); observe nothing happens if you were just on the property; observe nothing happens sometimes when you’re in the menu

Expected Behavior
The list automatically selects the font that starts with whatever letter you press on your keyboard. This has historically been what happens until recent changes.

Actual Behavior
Nothing happens.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-02-13 00:02:00 (-08:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-02-13 00:02:00 (-08:00)

4 Likes

I’ll add that it does let you skip to the relevant font when the dropdown is expanded. It’s just a nuisance to have to expand it when it should be consistent with literally every other dropdown.

Here’s a video, see that when I press “A” it does not skip ahead to Arial.
See that when I select Weight and press “B”, it skips ahead to Bold

2 Likes

Not sure how useful this information is, though this works perfectly fine on the latest version of Roblox Studio on MacOS

1 Like

This is sometimes the case for me. Sometimes it doesn’t skip to the relevant font when the dropdown is expanded. Furthermore, if you have multiple fonts with the same letter, it sometimes won’t go to the second or third font of that letter.

Ooh, fair point - may be important to call out. I’m using Windows, specifically Windows 10.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

2 Likes