The new UI for start page of Roblox Studio was rendering some glitches

In the video, it was rendering some glitches. This only occurs with new next-gen start-page Roblox Studio UI (NOTE: it might be less noticeable due to recording but in the meanwhile, it happened a lot, pretty often.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

CPU : 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3050 Ti
RAM : 16 GB

4 Likes

Thanks for your report! We saw this on one of our NVIDIA computers we tested on but it disappeared once the computer was restarted and we could not get a repro again :frowning:

Could you send me your logs?

I sent the logs in the DM! :+1:

I recently got this new start page, but as of a few hours ago, it suddenly reverted back to the old one. I’ve tried looking through studio settings to attempt to re-enable this feature, but I wasn’t able to find anything relevant.

Is there any chance Roblox is reverting back to the old one? Because if so, I personally really liked the new one!

We are going to reactivate the test today.

If you see rendering glitches, we believe this is specific to certain Windows laptops. We are working on a permanent fix but suggest any one of the following workarounds:

• Change the “Disable Full Screen Optimizations” via right clicking Roblox Studio > Properties > Compatibility
  • Go to NVIDIA Control Panel and enable VSync and Triple Buffering
  • Connect an external monitor

If these don’t resolve the issue, please let us know!

I was having the same issue, I tested all 3 of these. The first 2 didn’t work, but connecting and displaying Roblox Studio on an external monitor seemed to work, however only on the external monitor.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting back. Was the Full Screen Optimization box unchecked and you checked it or was it the other way around? cc: @ElephantMesh

I checked the Disable Full Screen Optimization, tested it, didn’t work. (I never did uncheck it, was off beforehand)
I then turned VSync & Triple Buffering On, tested it, and it also didn’t work. (VSync was on default setting, Triple Buffering was off beforehand)
I then unchecked all three and tested it by running an HDMI to my small TV, switched Roblox Studio to the TV tab, and the glitches stopped. I will also mention that it only happens in the new UI menu.

1 Like

Hi!

I tried all of the above workarounds that you have listed, however, none of them have resolved the issue. But, it seems that it’s more rare now (still happens, so I believe this is still an issue).

If you think the issue could possibly be specific to certain Windows laptops, I could provide with information about my laptop: (HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk2110ne)

1 Like

Thanks for the additional info! We are still trying to work out a permanent fix.

@Mubinets there’s one more workaround we were hesitant to recommend: try a different setting in Studio Settings > Rendering > Graphics Mode (just search settings for Graphics Mode). It’s probably on Automatic but change it to Vulkan. You could also try some of the other options and see if they help.

2 Likes

Yep changing to Vulkan has fixed the issue! It was a simple workaround :+1:

Should I keep it that until there is a permanent fix?

Great! Yes keep it and let us know if you have any troubles with that setting (we don’t know of any at this time)

1 Like

I’ve also just tried this and it does work. Thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.