The OFFICIAL roblox car has a HUGE FLAW!

I’m currently using roblox’s documentation car within the “racing” baseplate.

(the OFFICIAL roblox BASEPLATE)

I’ve utilized their scripts, and I’ve implemented it into my own game, however it frequently gets the wheel stuck:

As you can see, this is ROBLOXS OFFICIAL car script, and it experiences this issue. You can encounter this issue in the defaault roblox car by making sharp turns, and it will eventually get stuck in the wheel position after enough sharp turns

this is what it looks like trying to drive with ROBLOX’s car documentation bug

Here is a recreation video of the OFFICIAL roblox car documentation bugging out

And here is how it should look

Download bugged car

Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/games/16127280338/Racing-game?AssetId=16127280338

4 Likes

this is more like a scripting issue not an actual bug report

3 Likes

This uses roblox’s scripts not my own. As stated, this is the roblox documentation car, retrieved directly from the “racing” baseplate.

1 Like

its probably the script thats faulty, its not a studio or game bug

1 Like

Yes I agree. I hope they will be able to help fix the issue with their documentation car.

1 Like

I also have this issue with it, but I feel like it’s more of a physics thing rather than something caused by the script. The default car without any body replacement seems to work fine without these issues and I think part of the reason it happens is because the wheels are spheres as opposed to cylinders, which I’m guessing are covered more by the default dune buggy’s fenders. It’s definitely annoying though.

1 Like

perhaps to address the issue I might have to implement the dune buggy’s fenders to all my cars. However, roblox should still fix their default roblox car to be more compatible. They need to remember they should be encouraging developers to mess with these tools rather than giving us developers features that are not meant for remixing.

@KrimsonWoIf see this for some guidence how how to modify the dune buggy

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like