The Old "Missing Information" Prompt doesn't work properly

Page URL: Every Page that has the old “Missing Information” prompt on it.
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced:
Date Last Experienced:

Reproduction Steps:

1. Log in into a ROBLOX account which doesn’t have its Gender or Birthday data.

2. Enter any ROBLOX page and wait for the “Missing Information” prompt to come up.

3. Enter any information and click Submit, only the gender will save itself, but the birthday info won’t actually save.

Browser Info if needed:

Device Info
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.90 Safari/537.36
Platform Type: PC
Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior:
It is expected for the prompt to save the data that was entered.

Actual Behavior:
The data entered on the prompt (birthday data) isn’t actually saved, making it so the prompt appears on every page you visit, which is quite annoying. It appears every time you either reload the page, or when you visit a new page. (Basically, everytime you load any roblox page.)

Workaround: [NOT WORKING, PLEASE READ THIS!]

To stop the prompt from appearing again and again, you would have to manually enter the data on the Account Info Settings Page

1. Enter any data on the prompt so the prompt disappears.

2. Click settings, and go to the account settings page, and manually update the needed data.

6 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

7 Likes

A little update on this situation (sorry for the bump),

I was recently notified about my workaround by a person who has also encountered this issue.

I went on to search for a new workaround and I had an idea of actually updating the birthday data on Roblox’s Account information API page, but it seems as you also can’t update the birthday data on there too…

It gives out this error:

{
  "errors": [
    {
      "code": 5,
      "message": "Invalid birthdate change.",
      "userFacingMessage": "Something went wrong"
    }
  ]
}

Which means that there is no workaround to this problem, and this “Missing Information” prompt still doesn’t work.

What I think is causing this issue, and a possible solution to this problem. (And also some screenshots.)

[Image 1] The birthday row is disabled (locked), my email is shown as a “Parent” email, and my account is marked as <13, even without any birthday data.

[Image 2] The API page, throwing out an error, code: 5 (Invalid birthday change.) Most likely because of the <13 birthday change policies. (People under 13 cannot change their birthday data.)

Here is what I think is happening here:
I suspect the reason behind me not being able to update my birthday data on the settings page, and me not being able to update my birthday data on the API site is that because my account (by default) is marked as <13, which doesn’t allow me to update it to a new birthday data. So, somehow the “Missing Information” prompt either broke by itself (old outdated code), or was broken by the <13 birthday change policies. (People under the age of 13 are not allowed to change their birthday data.)

Possible solution:
Add a “Unknow” age status, so instead of <13 age status being set as default, make an “Unknown” age status which will be the default age status (if there is no birthday data set on the account), where everything is the same as <13 age status, but the only difference is that you can freely change the birthday data, thus making it so you can change your age status to +13 or to <13, and making it so you can finally stop that annoying “Missing Information” prompt from popping up on every page you visit.
(What it should look like.)

3 Likes

My friend that just came back to Roblox is also experiencing this bug, it’s a fatal flaw that should be corrected ASAP

3 Likes

Same happening to me, this is a fatal error! My friend cant even properly use his account.

4 Likes

Hello!! Does this issue occur anymore for any of you?

1 Like

This is no longer occurring on my side, actually it seems that there is no Missing Information prompt at all, I just checked the birthday on an account that previously didn’t have any birthday set to it, and it seems that the system automatically set the birthday to January 1st (with no birth year).

1 Like

so i actually fill the “missing information” but its still like this ? how do i fix it ? i can’t fix it manually

Yes, I this is one of the reasons I use my current main account now as I cannot log into my very old accounts I created, this is very much still an issue that has to be resolved, there’s no way to resolve this other than support.

1 Like

You can’t fix it. A very long time ago (several years ago when this issue first started) someone did make a script which used some APIs to set it, however it was very quickly patched and there is no longer any way to set a birthday on an account which does not have one.

I’d imagine Roblox wouldn’t care about patching an issue like this, as there’s probably going to be next to no legitimate users who are logging into accounts that old, so it’s extremely niche to start with and its impact won’t get any larger as it was a one time bug related to birth dates being implemented (specifically: any account that didn’t set a birthday before editing birthdays was disabled for under 13s cannot change their birthday as the system defaults to assuming the birth date is under 13, even if the accounts age itself is 13 or older)

Hey @fajarathaillah @IrakliDoesStuff @cpguy5089 this thread is marked as solved, would you mind filing a new bug report if this issue still occurs? That way there’s more visibility on this and an internal team will be notified.

Many thanks in advance!