The order of posts in the default view is too rigid and arbitrary; allow users to change the order and hide categories

Please keep discussion on this post relevant to the feature itself, and don’t turn this into a place to discuss the opinions inside irrelevant to my requested feature. I would appreciate it if you would :slight_smile:

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to tailor the forum’s user experience to maximize the value I get out of it.

For starters, let’s look at the current default category ordering:

I’ll go and explain my issues with the ordering here, and if the ability to change the forum’s layout locally were implemented, how I would use it to improve my experience.

#updates

Absolutely no issues here; it’s only logical to put important announcements at the top.

#development-discussion

This category contributes zero value to my personal usage of the developer forum. It’s the main target of troll posts, spam, off-topic posts, and others. Yes, I know that there are some useful things in there, but overall, I would simply hide this category.

#help-and-feedback

This category is perfectly fine; I like to find help and give help to those in need of it here, so I would make no changes to it.

#bug-reports & #feature-requests

This gets on my nerves. I can contribute absolutely nothing (short of a reply to bugs and perhaps the 1-in-1,000,000 chance of bug support moving my report there) to these categories, yet it appears above Resources, my personal favorite category (see below). I would simply prefer to hide it.

#resources

Personally, this is a gold mine. I can contribute resources to the community and find resources to use that save me hours of development time. I would move it right under Updates.

#collaboration

Why is this even visible anymore? It got replaced by the Talent Hub a while ago, nobody can post in it, nobody can reply to it (I might be wrong there), and all in all it should probably be hidden.

#forum-help

This category is neutral. I would make no changes.

#roblox-surveys

Slightly more important than Forum Help, I would move it above that category.

I could improve my experience like this if I had the ability to locally customize the forum’s category ordering, possibly somewhere in Preferences.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because it would enable me to maximize the forum’s utility for me personally.

4 Likes