The Part Organizer Plugin

The Part Organizer plugin is a way for you to organize your parts based on similar materials!

Link to Plugin: Part Organizer - Roblox

What does it do?

It gets parts of the same material and puts them in the same folder.

How does it Work?

You choose the material and Location of searching for Parts. When it finds the parts, it will put them all into a folder named of the Material you choose.

Why would I need this?

You can use this for organization or use it for the purpose created it for. I created it because I want to lower part counts on large models. So I can make unions with parts with the same material and it most likely would not deform the parts after the unions. Also the plugin can help to find parts quickly and get them from difficult places. It puts them in a folder and you can decide what do you with them. You also would make unions manually.

How to use:

Once opened, press the “Click Me To Start Grouping” Button.

ClickMeToGroup

Once clicked, the plugin will present you with two required settings. You would need to choose the material and location of grouping to take place.

To select the material, click on a part with the ,material you would like. Then click The, “Set Material” Button.

To select the Area of Search, click on the location you want to search, such as a model or folder.
This is location where the plugin will find and organize the parts with the same material.

After that, click, “Begin Grouping” and the plugin will group all the parts with the same material you selected and place a folder with the name of the material under the location you selected the plugin to search.

ShowsFolder

You can always undo grouping/folding by pressing on the default Roblox studio undo function.

Link to Plugin: Part Organizer - Roblox

Thanks for reading. The GUI isn’t great and this is my first plugin I have made. Any feedback is good feedback and enjoy developing!

1 Like

You should get rid of the prints because they clog the output / console
Screenshot_20

Also this doesn’t really work. I wanted to group every part that is granite in a folder but it instead grouped every single part in my model even though they weren’t granite.

Suggestion: You should add color sorting and instead of selecting a part for the material you should have a scrolling frame of all of the materials.

I don’t know how it could be possible. Maybe everything was granite. I’ll change some of the output, most of the output was for testing. Sorry about that. I’ll see about the scrolling frame. In the picture everything but the window seems granite.

They are plastic / smoothplastic / metal / neon.

Also I found another bug. If I try to set the material while selecting a model it will give me this error. You should check if the Object:IsA("BasePart") before setting the material so it doesn’t give that error.

Screenshot_22

In the script it checks for Object:IsA(“Part”) or Object:IsA(“Union Operator”). I do not understand why it did put plastic, not granite, I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

This video might give you a better understanding

Sorry for late response to the issue. The issue should be fixed, make sure you updated the plugin for it to work.