The Pipe Placer Plugin

I absolutely love the plugin, but I think there needs to be a visualization of where the pipe will be placed before you click… I spent a few minutes trying to get a pipe on center because it kept going into the wall, or came out too far.

Are there any plans to add this or make other QoL changes in the future?

1 Like

The pipe should follow the cursor as it moves, so you should be able to see where the pipe is going to be placed before you click. If there are any bugs with the plugin, please post them here. Other than that, I’m not planning on making any changes to it.

1 Like

I’m not setting any pipes before I click. Is something wrong?

1 Like

I’m not sure why you can’t see it. I just tried it, and it worked fine. The pipe follows the cursor until you click, and then it starts a new pipe segment.

Sounds like @Dannlabs had the same problem. Could one of you post a video of the bug?

1 Like

Here you go! As you can see, I can’t know where exactly where the pipe will be placed.

I see what you mean. It only happens before the first click.
I guess I could have it place a sphere as the first part, or maybe a 3D cursor where the first pipe segment will be placed.

1 Like

Adding this update will greatly improve your already amazing plugin! It’s a late christmas present! :smiley:

Merry Christmas I updated the plugin.
Now it supports dark mode as a bonus.

4 Likes

Thank you!!! QoL updates are the best kind.

i love this plugin : D

3 Likes

I honestly like the plugin so much, and I use it a lot, but I wish there was an option do make the valves 3D like this:

something that we can turn on for quality or off for performance.
and perhaps a way to make something like this:

That would be cool.

4 Likes

i may be late but I genuinely love this plugin

making pipes is now fun hahaha

This is a good idea but i want to know what made you make this?

Well, I like pipes. Don’t we all?
And I wanted some practice making plugins.
I realized there was no good pipe-placing plugin, so I made one.

1 Like

here is something I did with the cool plugin!

1 Like

This is a lifesaver! Thank you!

Didn’t even watch the full video, gotta say awsome music for some pipes! :slight_smile:

The Pipes aren’t going over each other for some reason. But other than that, great plugin!

Here is a video:

You have to manually click on top of the pipe you’re going over, it doesn’t bend automatically.

2 Likes

Ohh I didn’t realize that. Thanks!

1 Like