The PM+FR counter is broken

On my old main, there are 156k+ PMs but the red counter only says 9k…?

There are categories of notifications, it’s not meant to show the exact number. Under 100 it shows the exact number, then it shows 99+, and then 1K+ up to 9K+, and it will probably also show 1M+ etc when you get high enough.

It’s more than likely by design. It’s the same thing on YouTube for subscriber counts, for example.

100k+ would be more suitable.

Isn’t 9k too much already anyway?

1 Like

The idea is that it should only take up at most 3 characters, that’s the whole design behind it.

Yeah but I have more than 3 characters of PMs.

I’m guessing the highest that the red counter goes is 9K+. That’s as high as it can go before 3 characters.

Your issue is with ROBLOX+, not ROBLOX. Talk to WebGL3D about it (WebGL2D on Twitter)

Without ROBLOX+ it’s even worse.

Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 21.07.50.png

Surely this is a non-issue. It’s a single click to find out more information, and when you have a large enough screen then the sidebar is always displayed. It’s not like you suddenly need to know when you have 156,001 instead of 156,000 notifications, since you apparently didn’t act on any of them to begin with.

well, 99+ isn’t wrong…

3 Likes

I suppose the restriction of 3 characters does allow some better precision, but also a strange generalization. Any number 0-999 can be shown in 3 characters, and then 1k-99k can be shown, and then it jumps “down” to 9k+ because anything larger than 99k (and less than 1m) would be more than 3 characters. This could actually be solved by writing .1m, .2m, .3m I suppose, but this is all entirely technical now and there is likely no aesthetical value to any of this three-character-rule speculation.

edit: and even most of those would be wrong because they wouldn’t have a “+” at the end.