The Poolrooms Showcase

Damn, it looks so much better, let’s hope roblox will update their graphics to something similar. Btw I made the lighting less yellow :3

That’s the point of this design because that’s liminal space :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thats insanely good!

Keep it up. :+1:

1 Like

this looks really good! props to you.

1 Like

I think it looks good but you need to do some edits on the texture and lighting

the texture should be a bit transparent to not be so contrasty and grimy
then, on the neon you should match the color of the wall beside it, and turn down the brightness on the color to make the neon subtle

your lighting should be neat and orderly, you have some spots in the corners that isn’t lit properly. You should put a part and use surfacelighting then mess with that a little

1 Like

There’s most definitely a tutorial on YouTube for this. I recommend going there! The introduction screen is the first thing people look at when they join, and it has a key role in influencing the opinion of your game.

1 Like

there IS a poolroom in the backrooms if I remember correctly

1 Like

I believe it is inspired by a level of the Back Rooms. If you google “The Pool Rooms” you can find some low quality images that resemble this build.

1 Like

That is so pretty, you made the in roblox…
If so, that’s very Impressive
The pool rooms are nice

1 Like

This looks very amazing, i’d also recommend making the textures less sharp

1 Like

Yeah, poolrooms are a backrooms level, pretty sure its level -33.1 or 37

Would you be so kind to share the surface appearance maps or terrain properties? It would help a lot as I’m working on a similar project.

You can try and mimic the image they posted. It looks like:

• Adding bloom with a low threshold
  • Depth of Field
  • Yellow tint (I suggest Lighting.Ambient over ColorCorrection)

My problems with this is the water color and transparency, and the brightness of the neon parts, and also the way too contrasted colors. The lighting also seems really harsh, and the depth of field ruins the feeling of liminality.

6 / 10

1 Like

How cool is that!? I liked it and added it to my favorites! I have always loved backrooms and especially poolrooms. And you reproduced them perfectly. Could I have permission to use the model as a map for a game I’m making? I would mention you in the credits, of course. Don’t worry if you want to keep it as your own, I don’t blame you, but it’s very nice. think about it! :slight_smile: