Wow!

That looks legendary!

10/10 my friend.

8 Likes

That looks awesome!

10/10 would noclip to

8 Likes

Impressive!

Excellent design. I love the architecture as well as the way you manipulated the water. Personally, it reminds me of Venice’s canals. It’s a very unique game, which I appreciate.

Game recommendations:

For the start-up screen (“The Poolrooms” with the “Play” button), I recommend making it so that the player cannot move until they have hit the “Play” button. Possibly, the player’s screen would be blurred until after they hit the “Play” button, and then it would clear up.

The railings in and around the “circular openings” (if that makes sense?) seem a bit excessive.

The area (third and fourth photos you provided could have another assisted railing in the middle of it for decoration.

9 Likes

This is neat! Is it inspired by anything in particular? Great job! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmm, I remember seeing images similar to this before… He does say it’s called The Poolrooms, so maybe it exists somewhere.

4 Likes

damn that looks really cool. Its cause of the graphics…

2 Likes

That looks really nice and really well detailed! The only thing that hurts me is the lighting, and I think it’s a bit too bright but overall well done!

2 Likes

I agree. I’d change it to like a grey

3 Likes

do you think it looks better like this?

9 Likes

I would do your idea with start-up screen if i could script XD
about the railings, I tough it looks more detailed with them, I’ll look what i can do with them

2 Likes

That looks perfect to me! (Space limit)

2 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

AAahhh love a good old poolroom build. Splendid work. Looks very liminal-space-ey

1 Like

Of course, the idea itself is 10/10, but the building lacks many decorations and details, plus with all windows pure neon light it makes the quality around 7/10.

2 Likes

The design is too simple and impractical imo. The only thing holding it up are the PBR textures.

Pretend that a human is using this building.

4 Likes

You could try adding a little more blueish to the lighting (from the water)

4 Likes

I feel light the whiter light would be better for a more naturally lit scene, like sunlight, you might still want a little bit of yellow in there. The more yellow tone should be used for indoor lighting so that it gives off a more eerie, worn feeling.

EDIT: Unrelated but this game looks cool with RoShade

8 Likes

lightings cool guessing you used neon bricks as like where the sun comes from, I mean the only thing that took effort are the pool handles if that’s what you call them. PBR textures is making the build look cool which it does. so good job 8/10

4 Likes

This is beautiful, my only concern is that looking at picture 2 makes me feel a bit claustrophobic. Maybe raise the roof a little and/or add some holes/spaces to more water

Small issue, tiny actually, and from most angles i probably wouldn’t feel as claustrophobic

Im also entirely aware that im incorrectly using the word claustrophobic hah what i mean is it feels a bit tight/restricted from that angle. Even a ledge to sit on at the back would be nice

I just realised those stairs would be incredibly slippery perhaps.

2 Likes