The Roadmap and the way odd time is formatted

When learning about new features coming to Roblox, sometimes I refer to the Roblox Platform High-Level Roadmap, but the way it looks at time is extremely odd and confusing. To explain further, this is the general format of the Roadmap

• Q1
    • Q2
    • Q3
    • Q4
    • Q2
    • Q3
    • Q4

This creates an odd way to view the roadmap for those who didn’t expect it. I personally, and I suspect many others expect it to be done in the following format…

• Q4
    • Q3
    • Q2
    • Q1
    • Q4
    • Q3
    • Q2

In which it’s a consistent sort, in which as you go down, you go back in time.

TL; DR: The roadmap should be done in a consistent chronological order from now to the past.

8 Likes

I can say at the least that I do not expect it to be done in the format you specified. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d have to say I agree with T0ny here, ticking off boxes as you go down the page and forward through time makes more sense to me. Having 2018 stuck at the end of the page is the part that trips me up, its old, put it somewhere else.

3 Likes

Why is that? Seems a bit short to understand what you mean by that.

For me, I want to know coming this quarter and future quarters, not what’s out already, that doesn’t matter to me a ton.
The fact that I have to scroll down through the whole of Q1 and Q2, doesn’t make sense to me; which is why I want to see them go back in time instead of forward.

2 Likes

For me I don’t think in terms of finances. So counting in ascending order in terms of numbers is easier for me.

Like @IdyllicDestroyer said, having 2018 at the bottom throws me off as well.

1 Like