The settings menu on mobile devices has the option to toggle fullscreen

1. What issue are you having? Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

The settings menu on the mobile version of Roblox has the option to toggle fullscreen which is technically not possible since there isn’t a non-fullscreen state of the application. Attempting to change the setting will throw some errors in the output (Refer to my screenshot at the bottom of this post).

1. Does the bug happen 100% of the time?

Affirmative, a simple restart or reinstallation will not make any changes.

1. If so, are there steps that reproduce the bug?

Method 1 - Studio

1. Go into studio and open any place, preferably a new baseplate.
  2. Go to the “Test” tab in the ribbon menu and enable “Emulator”
  3. Set the device screen to any mobile device model
  4. Play the game and open the settings menu, you will notice the fullscreen setting

Method 2 - Roblox Mobile

1. Open the Roblox Mobile app
  2. Play any game, preferably for testing purposes
  3. Open the settings menu, you will also notice the fullscreen setting

1. Where does the bug happen?
  • Live Games for iOS and Android
  • Studio via the Emulator with the mobile devices setting

1. When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

I can’t pin a specific date when this started, but I noticed this for quite a while(a few months back) . I always thought it was a slight miscalculation internally, but then realised that this was consistent for quite a while.

1. Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

Notice the option to toggle fullscreen is present and the errors it produces when attempting to toggle the setting.

Edit:
A notable observation is that the error in studio and the actual Roblox application is different. Refer to @Mystyle48’s video

(Studio’s error is at line 135 while the actual Roblox application is at line 0)

6 Likes

Here’s what it looks like outside of Studio:

5 Likes