- Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
If the keyboard layout being used will result in a different character being written when holding certain modifiers plus some regular key, the shortcut selector will use this different character instead of the raw key name.
For example, “Ctrl+Alt+C” on a US-International keyboard layout outputs “©”. Trying to bind something to this will lead to “Ctrl+Alt+©” being bound instead:
It is expected that simply “Ctrl+Alt+C” is bound. The “Ctrl+Alt+©” shortcut does not work. Other keyboard layouts, such as the plain US layout, does not exhibit this issue with “Ctrl+Alt+C”.
- How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.
- Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.
- Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.
- For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.
- When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.
- Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.