The sound stays to built-in speakers when Bluetooth headphone is connected to Mac

Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

• Sound does not switch to headphone after I connect it via Bluetooth when in-game.
  • I expect the sound to switch to my headphone.

How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug?

• Everytime.
    1. Play any Roblox game.
    2. Connect your headphone via Bluetooth.

Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific?

• Any game.

When did the bug start happening?

• I don’t know.

macOS version: 10.14.5

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is the same exact thing but my sound in studio sticks to built-in speakers over Bluetooth.

Happens when Studio is open before I connect my device. I’m on Windows 10.

1 Like

I don’t think Roblox does sound switching at all.
I have to reload a game just to switch from my headset to speakers that aren’t even bluetooth.

1 Like

What do you mean by external speakers?

Just realized I said that, my bad. What I meant was the built-in speakers on my monitor.

Roblox switches sound on non-bluetooth headphones.

Odd. When I switch audio between my speakers and headset it doesn’t switch at all. So I figured it was an issue with audio switching in general.

Other programs (Other than Roblox) switches the sound from the speakers to the headphones.

For what I know, both roblox player and studio dont switch the sound device if its changed once you open the respective program. You have to close it and reopen it for the changes to apply. This happens both in Windows and Mac.

Why does the sound not switch?

This is still ongoing issue! It is happening on my Mac too!

This problem is not occuring when using wired headphones, though. My version is Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3.

1 Like

It also happens on macOS 10.15.5.
I hope that this gets fixed soon.

1 Like