The Studio UI editor absolutely broke

Hey everyone,

Overnight, my Roblox UI editor absolutely broke. Let me give an example.

I have a ScreenGUI with just a frame and a TextLabel in it.

The expected behaviour is that when I click the TextLabel, it selects the TextLabel and I can edit or move it, given that it renders above the current frame. However, what happens here is that the whole frame gets moved and that the text does not get selected.

Example:
https://i.gyazo.com/7a62d373ea0f206f53731302754fe2dd.mp4

On the gif here, you can notice that the image does get selected, but not the text. The image behaves properly but not the text.

What I’ve tried:

• Setting all my plugins to off
  • Going into a new place
  • Switching accounts
  • Restarting studio, my PC, pretty much everything

So yeah, I’m… quite out of ideas. A previous Dev Discussion topic I made has someone else say this happened to them too. Any ideas to fix it?

Thank you everyone!

4 Likes

Is the ZIndex of the TextLabel higher than the ZInder of the Image?

The frame and image both have a ZIndex of 1. The label has a ZIndex of 2.

Is the Active property of the TextLabel ticked?

It wasn’t, but ticking it made no difference. By the way, if I make them overflow (e.g. the “Example Notification” title) both labels are selectable whenever I click out of the frame if that can help

Hmm, yes, seems like there is a bug, but I don’t think this is new. Will you file a bug report? I have access to the Bug Report Wizard if you can’t.

Please file a bug report if you have access, thank you

1 Like

This is new, I haven’t had an issue until very recently. The UI Editor seems to ignore ZIndex entirely on certain frames.

Will do when home, thank you! :slight_smile:

Hey guys, I think I’ve nailed down the issue. For some reason, it looks like setting the ZIndex to be higher than the parent Frame is the problem? When the ZIndex’s are the same, or when the parent has a higher ZIndex than the child, it works correctly, and it looks like both TextLabels and ImageLabels are affected by it, so it’s probably a generic bug with the UI editor. I’ll post the bug report soon.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, it looks like @MeaxisDev beat me to it!

Even with equal ZIndexes, the problem still happens

1 Like

With your Test123.rbxl in your bug report, setting the ZIndex of the two TextLabel’s named “text/” to 1 lets me select and drag them.

Huh, that’s actually the case, I swear it didn’t work yesterday.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.