The UGC catalog in its current state is already disastrous. Reconsider, Roblox is NOT ready for UGC to go public

I just heard about this and I think this could potentially ruin a large portion of Roblox, and at the very least, get Roblox in a lot of trouble.

the aspect that I’m most worried about are all of the copyright infringement.

For the most part, I don’t really care about copyright infringement if it’s from a massive corporation (the copies of stuff from the platform is what I personally have a problem with), they can all rot in heck for all I care. Despite this, said greedy companies will inevitably come after Roblox, and I believe that it will be many multiples more disastrous than the great audio purge, because if Roblox were ever to be sued, they would likely have to purge every item that infringes on copyright, and it may end up ruining ugc for everyone involved, not only creators, but players as well.

I dread the consequences that are practically guaranteed to come from this, and I’m beginning to think that Roblox doesn’t see any problems making ugc public could lead to.