The Ultimate Guide on How to Play Roblox on Linux

Hello everyone!

For those of you interested in playing Roblox or developing in Roblox Studio on Linux, I’ve put together a detailed guide using Vinegar and Sober. Here’s how to get started:

Before installation, ensure you have the following tools:

Installation Steps

1. Download Roblox APK

2. Open Roblox with Sober

• Launch Sober and select the downloaded .apkm file. This will allow you to run Roblox seamlessly!
  3. Installing Roblox Studio

• Simply open Vinegar, and it will automatically download both Wine and Roblox Studio for you.

Troubleshooting Tips

• If you encounter issues with Roblox, please keep in mind that Sober is currently in beta, and bugs are expected.

• For issues with Roblox Studio, you may need to Configure Vinegar. Here’s a quick guide on how to do that:

How to Configure Vinegar:

1. Open Configure Vinegar.
    2. You should see a screen like this:

1. Adjust the settings as necessary (I recommend modifying the same settings I did if you’re experiencing issues).

Final Thoughts

Good luck, and happy gaming!

A Request to Roblox:
As a community, we would love to see a dedicated client for Linux! If that’s not feasible, please consider releasing an official app that runs perfectly on Wine, ensuring there’s no risk of exploits and smooth gameplay.

Feel free to reply if it helps or if you are encountering problems!

6 Likes

Since Roblox studio’s new update, it gives the following error massage:
To fix this, open Configure Vinegar and add this:

[studio]
forced_version = "version-ea7c4a2d814e4dc6"

After setting the forced version studio is still crashing; but this time it opens the app and then just shows the initial loading forever.

Configure vinegar, it happend to me too

alright it seems to work now after a reinstall

is there a way to fix the terrible performance? or do I just have to deal with it

I run studio with my 4gb ram laptop :frowning: wine also takes a little bit memory to RUN studio thats why it has bad performance. For sober, its fine.