The Union is Not A Valid Member of the Model? [OLD]

THIS IS AN OLD PROBLEM, I’VE ALREADY SCRAPPED THE IDEA A LONG TIME AGO.

[THE ERROR]

I made a script that basically makes a specific union when I say a specific word in chat.
But when I say the word, an error pops up in Output.

(Oh and, just a sidenote: it used to actually work, but it just suddenly stopped working.)

Screenshots

(OUTPUT)

image_2021-07-29_104558

(EXPLORER)

(SCRIPT)

[WHAT I TRIED]

1. I thought it was a misspelling, but it actually isn’t.
  2. I thought it was just a glitch, so I restarted Roblox studio (it’s been 4 days, it still can’t find the union)
  3. I tried renaming the union, still didn’t work.
  4. I thought that made the union unarchivable, but it had a checkmark.

[CONCLUSION]

I have absolutely no idea how to fix this problem.
It’s either a Roblox Studio glitch, or I’m just missing something.

(Feel free to ask for more details.)

Maybe try to use: Instance | Roblox Creator Documentation or Instance | Roblox Creator Documentation

1 Like

Alright, I’ll do that later. Gonna update ya if it works.

Thanks!

Hello, I finally did it. Sorry for the very long delay.

It didn’t work. I tried including a print(“testing”) to see if it works when I say the specific word. It also printed the word, but there is no errors.

I’m a bit lost right now. If anybody can find an error in my script, please tell me.

did you forgot to add .CFrame next to the script.Parent.Pillar?

1 Like

No, I’m changing the position. And plus, it’s the same code in the script when it used to work. I can’t really explain it, because it just works lol.

Just guessing here, but, is it anchored and cancollide? Maybe its falling off the world and destroyed before your script looks for it.

But I would expect a nil error message for that.

1 Like

try this

local Debounce = true
local Pillar = script.Parent:WaitForChild("Pillar")

local function Up()
	Pillar.CFrame = CFrame.new(Pillar.Position) + Vector3.new(0,.5,0)
end

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	plr.Chatted:Connect(function(massage)
		if massage == "dragon1" and Debounce then
			Debounce = false

for i = 1,3000 do
				Up()
				wait()
			end

Debounce = true
		end
	end)
end)
1 Like

Maybe try naming a variable for Pillar beforehand

local pillar = script.Parent:WaitForChild("Pillar")
1 Like

I think you should try that, because why in the world are you setting the “Pillar” part into a CFrame?

1 Like

I have a feeling the pillar is being destroyed at runtime. This could be due to unanchored, non-collidable base parts. Just as a check. Add a script into the workspace and print the parts name on runtime.

1 Like

I checked, the union is anchored and can-collided. I can also see the union even after I say “dragon1”.

I tried doing that aswell, didn’t work. Absolutely no errors in the output, and the union is still there doing nothing.

but it’s work for me
Make sure the script is Enabled and add the print function and see if it prints

1 Like

Try what? I’m a bit confused though. Maybe it’s because I’m reading this in the middle of the night, but I’m not sure I understand. Could you elaborate?

Did that too, same thing. No errors in the outputs, and it also prints. I have absolutely no idea why it isn’t working.

Have you tried using another model?

1 Like

Alright, that’s actually a good idea. I’ll go try that tomorrow, it’s in the middle of the night lmao. Gonna update you with whatever I find.

Actually, nope. I haven’t tried using a different union. Going to also try that tomorrow.