The Vesteria Team is hiring a Scripting Partner!

A great opportunity! Vesteria has a great community and possibly some of the best developers working on it!

6 Likes

Sent a DM. Very interested in the in-person interview though I’m leaving Cali early tomorrow.

4 Likes

I’m confused, is the 18+ only for on-site or also applicable to remote applicants.

3 Likes

18+ is a requirement for on-site. It is preferred for remote but we may make exceptions for applications that really stand out.

9 Likes

ah man my age(13) keeps me from working on your team,i meet all your standards OOF

5 Likes

He may make exceptions if your application stands out so give it a try anyways!

4 Likes

You offer a $3,000 a month salary for remote, and $4,000 a month on-site before taxes. What kind of hours are you seeking for applicants to work? Compared to the applications for Adopt Me that were floating around a couple months ago, the offered compensation for Vesteria seems low in comparison, and given that these games gross millions of dollars on the front page, I am curious as to why the compensation is drastically different in comparison.

4 Likes

I would imagine its harder to split costs across this much larger team (I think the Adopt Me team only has around 3-4 people? while this team has around a dozen), but yeah I’m curious as to how much a remote scripter would have to work per week.

2 Likes

This is a full-time position, so roughly 40 hours a week. We’re open to part-time applicants but the salary would be lower. Obviously we are not in the same position that Adopt Me is so we are not able to offer the same level of compensation. You can’t compare a game that is fairly early in its overall development cycle to the game that’s been #1 in playtime for quite a while.

The appeal of this listing compared to Adopt Me’s is that it is a partnership, not a simple employment. Whoever we bring in will increasingly be a part of the decision-making process and leadership of the game, and their salary will scale with the success of the game on release. This listing is definitely more for people who are already emotionally invested in the game genre and want to get in on the ground floor on a project that already has a lot going for it.

9 Likes

Any legal work required before joining the team? Such as a contract or other legal requirements?

1 Like

There will be a basic contract that lays out basic expectations, non-disclosure, etc.

5 Likes

Question, when will you be deciding?

3 Likes

This is an absolutely once in a lifetime opportunity. I urge anyone who is having doubts to apply for the position! I certainly know I will be applying!

I wish everyone luck and hope Vesteria gains some great new hires to keep improving the already amazing game!

4 Likes

The applications get forwarded to the rest of the team and we’re going through them and discussing them regularly. We have not made any hard decisions yet and there is no deadline set. We may pick multiple candidates.

5 Likes

Would this include some guarantee of ownership of part of the Vesteria Company? In the original post, it is stated that vesting shares would be offered and that scaling payment is guaranteed. These both sound enticing as investing time into the game and seeing success would result in both a scaled salary and an equally rewarding share ownership of the company. But it is not made clear of the exact amounts of scale or vesting shares. Is this information decided per-contract, without a base line to go off of? Is the information not to be shared? That is all I am curious about regarding the original post about compensation.

If multiple candidates are hired, will compensation adjust?

1 Like

True, but keep in mind that Adopt Me has smaller team, + berezaa invested lots of money into this and the outcome is slow.
Still 3k/m is really good. (Keep in mind this is Roblox.)

1 Like

3k/m is good if you are someone without a degree. However, once you obtain as low as a bachelor’s degree (in my area), jobs with 60k+ as a starting salary begin to take you (for entry level.) In the reply message from berezaa, this was addressed;

This implies that the lower salary would be made up with benefits in terms of ownership of the idea;

If the position does not seek for college grads of CS/other related fields, then as long as the benefits in terms of partnership are solid in foundation, this position makes sense.It is my assumption that they would be looking for college grads, though.

1 Like

Man if only I was 18. :thinking:

1 Like

Hi all- we’ve brought on a person for this position but are still hiring another scripter who meets the qualifications. It’s not too late to send in your application!

We have begun sending out responses and follow ups to the first batch of applications and will continue to do so this week.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.