The way to get player ram memory usage (to prevent memory low crash)

I usally play Roblox games on my iPad 9th generation with the graphics option set to ‘automatic,’ but I frequently encounter memory shortages leading to game crashes. It seems to be due to insufficient RAM memory.

I hope to avoid such issues in my game. I don’t want players to experience crashes due to low memory, regardless of their device’s specifications.

The ideal solution, in my opinion, would be to hide less important models before reaching the maximum memory limit and pause the game just before it crashes, preventing player frustration and allowing memory to recover.

I don’t want players to compromise on graphics settings due to memory issues, as it could affect the game’s balance. Therefore, implementing the functionality I described and detecting memory shortages or retrieving player memory information would be essential.

I ask this question because there are games where memory shortages are effectively addressed. Street Showdown - Roblox , Theme Park Tycoon 2 - Roblox Additionally, even if I lower the game’s memory requirements, some users will inevitably play on devices with lower specifications. I want them to enjoy my game as well.

That’s kinda what ContentStreaming does
Enable StreamingEnabled in your game if you haven’t already. There are a couple of settings you can mess around with regarding it.

I don’t believe there is a way to get the user’s memory though. I believe Core scripts can access it, but its not accessible by developers AFAIK

The games mentioned above follow the approach of pausing the game when memory is low, followed by displaying a custom UI and loading the game map.

While I may not be able to precisely determine the exact amount of memory through code, I believe I can detect when memory is low.

I did further looking, and apparently you CAN get the total memory usage.

although I’m not sure you can get the playear’s total memory (its probably guessed off of viewport size and/or device)