The Wiki gets a make-over!

SteadyOn: I think this is a great start to drawing in more and more experienced developers who will help to improve the platform.

Absolutely agree, it feels more to-the-point, very professional. Fantastic job.

2 Likes

The update is incredible, the new layout is way more appealing.

I remember the old one looking like a forum from the ancient days of the internet and I was actually turned away by this.

1 Like

This is a bit nitpicky, but could the png of the developer logo be changed from a png to an svg? :heart:

5 Likes

This is amazing.

Nontheless I’m going to be nitpicky and point out a few things:

1. This logo with the text looks a little blurry, probably due to how it’s being downscaled.

2. The bottom of the page doesn’t quite ‘connect’

3. Images don’t always load (see picture above with the logo in the top left). Is this due to the high traffic at the moment?

5 Likes

I love this! So smooth and easy to understand for new dev’s. Good job Roblox!

Tries to open it

This still happens :confused:

11 Likes

Whoah there! That logo is gigantic!

Big logo

Because it’s so big and being resized, it looks blurry on my screen. Not to mention the increased load time. Perhaps you could scale it down a bit?

16 Likes

Great to see that the wiki is being given an upgrade. And glad I can finally access the wiki again. :sweat_smile:

A few issues;

• The blue topbar on the blue Roblox Developer logo has little contrast, making it hard to discern, and is not just a different tone of the same color, as far as I can see. Has been noted, ninjas.

• The watermark Roblox seems stretched - the aspect ratio of the Roblox found on the website is roughly ~5.7, while the aspect ratio of that on the wiki is ~6.06.

1 Like

I agree perhaps if the bottom wasn’t shown on API pages?

2 Likes

About mobile …

13 Likes

SteadyOn: I agree perhaps if the bottom wasn’t shown on API pages?

This.

Younite: This is a bit nitpicky, but could the png of the developer logo be changed from a png to an svg? :heart:

Also this.

2 Likes

You will usually want to keep that on every page for consistency purposes. It shouldn’t be a difficult fix.

1 Like

We’re looking into this.

8 Likes

super cool layout(Make titles bold please, change low res logo to full res, thanks)

3 Likes

This is much more user friendly, keep up the awesome job IX team!

4 Likes

I meant that it still looks bulky even when not broken and those pages should have very little distraction aside from the content you’re looking for

3 Likes

As someone who has both the DevForum and the Wiki bookmarked, this annoys me a little more than it should.

I like that I can tell them apart because the wiki favicon is smaller, but it also looks strange because the wiki favicon is a lot smaller than the other two. I want it fixed and at the same time I don’t want it fixed. I’m so conflicted.

20 Likes

The CDN is refreshing and the cache may be busted in a few places. This should resolve itself in time. Thanks for pointing it out. I will make sure the problem doesn’t persist.

6 Likes

Putting the Cookbook right on the front page was a great move. I learned how to script because of that resource!

4 Likes

Wiki could be another colour than blue, it’d contrast better with the top bar anyway.

2 Likes