The Wiki gets a make-over!

Dear Roblox Developer Community,

Today we are excited to announce an update to the wiki that has been in the works for some time – a set of changes that we feel will help all developers more easily navigate and find the content they are interested in. The changes include:

• Redesigned home page - we created a cleaner design and layout that showcases information useful to all developers, regardless of skill level.
  • Updated header and footer - we updated our logo, and our navigation site-wide to help developers more easily move across the site to the content they need.
  • New Developer Resources page - we put the site’s most popular and most recommended resources together on one page to aid in discovery.
  • Refreshed Roblox Studio User Manual - we have begun refreshing the Studio User Manual to improve the experience of those seeking help.

This update comes on the heels of a lot of other important work we are doing to help improve developer resources and documentation, including a new Getting Started Guide, a redesign of our Roblox Learning Center and our Video Tutorial landing page, and many updates to important resources that developers rely on like our Studio Shortcuts page. These updates happen as a direct result of the valuable feedback we receive from the community. So if you see something that is not quite right in this recent set of changes, please let us know by leaving a comment and we will do our best to address it.

Thank you to the entire community for your on-going support. If these changes are exciting to you, then good news: there is so much more to look forward to. The Information Experience (or “IX” for short) Team is working on even bigger projects to improve the developer experience across our website and documentation, and we look forward to collaborating further with you on making Roblox a premiere game development platform.

Sincerely,
Byrne Reese
a.k.a. MisterNeutron
Head of Information Experience

129 Likes

Excellent makeover! Keep up the good work!

4 Likes

nice new layout!

3 Likes

very sleek, I like it

3 Likes

I am happy to see this new layout. It will surely help beginner developers significantly, while also allowing better search results for more complex research.

3 Likes

Amazing, can’t wait to use it more often now!

2 Likes

So pretty! And easy access to the API Reference page! Wonderful changes! Keep it up!

3 Likes

Love it! Keep up the great work! :smile:

2 Likes

Amazing work!

2 Likes

This is just a small taste of what’s to come in the future. It’s going to be amazing :)!

14 Likes

Sweeeeet :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thankyou for keeping the core use of the wiki streamlined and as useful as ever - the searching and api pages. It’s great that this was able to be mixed with a nicer and easier to understand design for new developers.

2 Likes

It looks great! Good job! :smiley:

2 Likes

I would be more excited if the wiki did not keep accusing me of trying to DDoS it.

6 Likes

If you guys notice anything weird, feel free to let me know. I’m able to edit the wiki again, so I can adjust stuff as needed.

7 Likes

OH GOD HOW DO I DO THE THINGS

looks nice

2 Likes

OMG. We are beaming with pride over here! So glad to hear such great feedback! If you see anything that looks off to you let us know and we’ll fix it. So excited about what’s coming, and the announcements we have in store!

7 Likes

Looks amazing :smile:

1 Like

It looks very professional, I think this is a great start to drawing in more and more experienced developers who will help to improve the platform. The perfect mix of old and new if you ask me

2 Likes

Really nice. Glad to see that everything is easily accessible now, very nicely done.

1 Like