The Wiki gets a make-over!

Looks great! The formatting is quite bad on mobile, but I don’t know when I would ever be accessing the wiki from my phone.

The search bar still has the casing problem.

In the heat of development, I like to be able to look things up in the API without having to think about casing.

Almost all search bars treat “particleE” and “particlee” the same unless the user specifically indicates that they want that capital E.

1 Like

The API reference tab scaling looks weird.

Pics

I cant complain, much more streamlined.

2 Likes

Some old links don’t seem to be working properly, not sure if it’s just me but;

images

http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php/API:Class/Workspace This doesn’t have a logo at the top of the page, and clicking the home button brings up a 404 error.

The current link works fine though: http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=API:Class/Workspace

1 Like

It’s more modern I like it.

1 Like

Did you get directed to that old link from the website somehow?

I have been getting a 403 error, cannot enter the website now whatsoever…
its telling me my IP which isn’t my IP.
I don’t have a VPN enabled.

oof

1 Like

We will look into this, but we might not be able to do too much about this in this iteration, as this is driven by MediaWiki. Thanks for pointing it out. I logged it and we’ll see.

3 Likes

Great catch. We need to update the path to the image to be an absolute ref.

2 Likes

So, does this mean we will see a “Dark Theme” for studio soon? :wink:

No but it was listed on one of the pages guiding use of the wiki on the devforum, either those will all have to be changed or some form of automatic redirect should be put in place since I’m sure there’s 1000s of links all over the internet just like it.

1 Like

Studio and the wiki are two totally different things :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Same logo, it’s a slippery slope :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Really love this - great improvement :smiley:

oof [2]

1 Like

This ones on me, should be fixed now.

I’d love to say “I love this” but I can’t. The homepage is still a problem (its purpose should be similar to the Learn Roblox tab and it doesn’t look too good) and the site is showered with alignment issues and unmatching styling. It’s great apart from that

1 Like

Yeah, my point was they’re actively working to make things better for developers. So a dark theme would be one of the best things to add imo.