TheIndustrialDev | Writer for Hire [RE-OPENED]

Interesting offer, definitely something I never would have thought to see on here. Though I’m not personally interested, I wish you luck on this offer and am here with one piece of criticism.

As someone not interested in the offer, it’s not my place to criticize the details of the offer. My only criticism is in the three storylines. Is it possible they could be organized into more paragraphs? They feel very hard to read, as they’re this walls of text. Making the storylines easier to read could raise your chances of having interested customers.

1 Like

Thanks man; appreciate it. Personally, I notice most games on Roblox have no backstories to any parts of them; as someone who always loves to fit the pieces together in a story, I simply am attempting to help fill those gaps in; make the games of the site more story-oriented, if that makes sense.

Also, made the stories paragraphs. They originally were in paragraphs actually, but I copy-pasted them outside of paragraphs for reasons im not fully sure of. But, fixed it. Thanks for the input.

2 Likes

This is awesome to see! Makes me wonder if there are any possibilities to include a story in my games :astonished:

1 Like

Thanks man! Trust me: although some games are a bit more challenging to incorporate stories into than others, with enough time and creativity, anything is possible to accomplish game-story-wise.

If you happen to see one of your games you want a story made for, whether it be Deathrun, Ventureland, Snow Brawl, or any of your other games now or in the future, just give me a heads up and I am sure we can get something worked out. :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed a serious lack of backstories and plots in most games on roblox. In my opinion it’s what makes a lot of them look amature. However, the hardest part about a storyline is putting it into the game. Most players on roblox are younger users who aren’t interested in watching long cutscenes or reading long text blocks. I don’t see a lack of minds thinking of stores but a lack of storytelling methods in games that players enjoy.

I would be really interested to see how some of your customers implements one of your backstories into their games. It would need to be in an entertaining way that’s not too long but gives full information.

Regardless, its a cool service to see on the site, I wish you the best of luck and I’m eager to see if it works well in practice. I love seeing users come up with new services and ideas!

3 Likes

Appreciate it man, thanks. Yeah, like you said; there has been a serious lacking of stories and storytelling methods among Roblox games. I think that’s part of one of the things that makes Roblox games different from games on other popular gaming sites; almost none of them have backstories to them on Roblox, which ultimately, in my mind, makes them quite less interesting. That’s the gap im trying to fill in with this service.

2 Likes

You should make a package where you come up with names for locations, items, creatures, etc in our games :heart_eyes:

Industrial is a great person! I’ve known him for quite the time. I would vouch for him 100%

1 Like

Update: After recent suggestions from colleagues and a desire to gain funding for personal projects, my writing business has officially reopened for Roblox developers! Some of the changes I have made include:

• More Writing Packages for different types of writing other than main storylines
  • Removal and addition of certain terms and conditions
  • Addition of a section where I list all the official Roblox projects I have undertaken
  • Removal of website section until further notice

If you wish to contract me to work on your game for any sort of writing purposes, please feel free to contact me. Thanks!

I feel that the writing prices are a bit over the top. I believe writing is important in a story but charging R$750 for a paragraph is a bit on the pricey side (and that’s the minimum). I personally write quite a lot and I feel that it’s very expensive for a storyline. Now I understand that you are a great writer but I personally don’t think enough of one to charge that much for a storyline. I myself could write similar storylines but I would only ever consider charging almost 1/4 of what you do. You do good work but the prices are on the pricy side and I don’t feel that any of the deals are of great value. And for some of the packs it’s essentially priced at R$10 per word, and I don’t think that your writing or anyone’s for that matter is worth that much.

These prices have been doing me pretty well so far. You must understand that most developers looking to contract writers like myself usually will pay these kinds or prices for the quality of work I provide. I try to fit the prices arond the budgets most professional roblox developers or development groups set for this sort of thing, and so far ive gotten positive reviews of them from my employers.

I appreciate your opinion though, and if I should ever attempt to expand the business to include low budget and/or starting out developers as well, I will keep this in mind for when I do so. Thanks!

Well the main reason I address this is not to criticise you, but just to warn you incase of competition. Because if someone can do work like that but for cheaper you’ll need to re-adjust your prices. But for now if what you have works, then stick to it!

1 Like

Certainly noted. If competition does arise, I may follow suit in that idea as well. Either way, thanks for the advice though!

2 Likes

750R$ for a paragraph is less than 3.5$. Most definitely worth it.

2 Likes

Are you still for hire? I know of someone interested in hiring someone of your skillset

Hey, I was reading through your first story. Can I ask is this one of your old/first stories you made? I am asking this because you tend to shift the focus of the story quite drastically. Rather than showing us the story you tell us the story; meaning its quite explicit. You should imply events more and build up suspension. Other than that, your wide range of vocabulary; interests me as a reader!

Yes I am indeed still open for hire.

1 Like

Yeah these are some of the older stories ive written: if you ask some of my clients like MaxxJ and Wsly, they can confirm my ability to stay focused and add detail into events has greatly increased in capacity.

2 Likes