ThemeSwitcher - Switch Between Multiple Themes With Ease!

About

Ever wished you could have multiple themes that you can switch between at your disposal in Studio? ThemeSwitcher is the solution! With this plugin, you can create an infinite1 amount of themes that you can switch between at any time. You can view the examples below2.

1 This uses plugin Setting storage.
2 Example themes shown are not preinstalled.

Links

Roblox Plugin: ThemeSwitcher - Roblox
GitHub Source: https://github.com/R0bl0x10501050/ThemeSwitcher
YouTube Demo: Theme Switcher | Roblox Plugin Promotional Video & Demonstration - YouTube

Usage

Adding A Theme:

1. Click the blue button on the GUI
  2. Enter a name
  3. Click Finish

Updating A Theme:

1. Click the blue button on the GUI
  2. Enter the name of theme you want to update
  3. Click Finish

Images

v1.1.0 (Current)

v1.0.0

Demonstration

Semi-Warning

This should not affect you:

I’ve been experiencing a few bugs with the plugin Setting API and on multiple occasions has it wiped my local plugin storage. I do not believe this affects anyone who downloads it from the Roblox website, but I may be wrong. I would recommend keeping a backup of your themes just in case.

Final Words

Hope you find some use for this. I got the idea after wanting to use my VSCode theme in Roblox Studio (One Dark Pro) without getting rid of my original slightly modified Roblox dark theme.

As always, happy developing!

11 Likes

Really like this plugin already. Just curious, could you add a “update theme” button? I’d like to be able to update my themes without creating a new one every time. Would also be nice if we could rename/delete themes.

1 Like

Oh, I forgot to mention that. If you create a new theme and make the name the same as one that already exists, it basically “updates” the theme.

I’ll add support for theme deletion soon.

1 Like

Ah alright, thanks for letting me know about that. Would be nice to have some dropdown next to the “Use” button on each theme, including buttons like delete, update and rename.

1 Like

Version 1.1.0

Implemented the features proposed in @HedTB_Dev’s post and more. You can read the full release on GitHub.

Please update the plugin to get the latest features.

1 Like

Can I see your “One Dark Pro” Theme Settings?

I realized I should just include that by default so that will be one of the default options in the list.

I currently am not on my computer (I typically check the Devforum on my phone) but I will push an update to the plugin as soon as I can get back on.

1 Like

Version 1.1.3

Added a default themes list. You can read the full release on GitHub.

Please update the plugin to get the latest features.

(cc: @instanitly)

Thank you for adding the default themes list.

1 Like

Reminder: I am accepting suggestions! If you believe this plugin can be improved in any way, shoot me a PM.