There's a new Robux icon!

Prepare the floodgates for bad posts.
kinda prefer the old one ngl, probably because i’m a nostalgist

75 Likes

It looks like a lug nut.

If I was a kid, I wouldn’t automatically assume some lugnut meant money. In the real world, we don’t associate stuff from Home Depot with virtual currency.

320 Likes

What does the gold one signify?

23 Likes

Personally I’m not that sure in terms of the redesign, but I think that it’s a bit odd, I don’t see a problem with the old robux design, and I can understand that it may not be up-to-date in regards to branding but still, I don’t necessarily think this is a big enough of a problem to warrant change. Regardless, I don’t mind the redesign, it’s moreso that the I’m not sure if the redesign was really needed in the community.

38 Likes

I think it’s looks ugly, I hate how it is not flat so it does not go along with the UI and it seems to have just the same abstract look as the premium icon. I feel like more time should have gone into a better look to this. The look overall just seems lifeless unlike the old one.

73 Likes

I do agree that certain graphics in the Roblox brand needed to be updated, specifically Robux which was just an R and a dollar sign slapped together for the last decade, but the new icon is very unoriginal. Looking at the logo with no context you wouldn’t know what it was, and it certainly doesn’t say “this is related to Roblox”. I don’t like this change, I think it’s a step in the wrong direction.

106 Likes

Honestly, the new Robux logo reminds me of some type of token currency logo.

39 Likes

The new Robux logo definitely fits in with the more modern style Roblox is trying to implement, as seen by Premium. Personally I don’t prefer the logo, but it does fit well considering the way they’re going with UI.

19 Likes

So that’s why it changed. A bit different in terms of color and overall design, but I like it. Also, is there a plan to expand the colored logo beyond the app? It seems like everywhere else is using the white or grey one. For reference:
image image

EDIT: After looking at it, I’m surprised that the inside square isn’t at the same position as the Roblox logo.

49 Likes

I personally have gotten used to the new design and am starting to kind of like it now, but having it be green might make it easier to recognize. I still have to take a second to remember oh, this is currency. If it were green I think I’d make the connection more quickly.

15 Likes

The icon actually looks really cool, Roblox becoming more modern is a good idea and this is a pretty big step forward for roblox.

12 Likes

I thought this was some promotional thing for the Mandalorian considering it looks like the First Order logo. Very disappointed, many GFX artists have created variations of the robux icon that look modern while also keeping it recognizable as a currency.

38 Likes

I dislike it.

Don’t get me wrong, the design is actually good, and is better compared to the original robux logo. The new icon is much more fitting for the website’s design compared to the original robux logo.

However, the icon… it doesn’t really tell me anything. At first glance, it looks like a nut that’s used for engineering. Honestly, it doesn’t fit with the name “robux”. It doesn’t scream “robux” at me.

However I’ll get used to it. It’s just my thoughts.

46 Likes

I feel like tilting the square will make it fit the name of “robux”. But then again, it will still look like a coin.

Edit: I still like the logo, really fits in with the modern design.

9 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of this new icon. It doesn’t make me think the number to the right of it(my robux) is how much currency I have. It just looks like an odd settings icon or something. R$ made sense for Ro bucks. This icon doesn’t make sense given the currency is still called robux.

50 Likes

Nice design, but yeah I agree with some of the other posts, it doesn’t have an obvious relation to Robux.

It will probably grow on me, so I am not against it, but nit exactly for it either.

15 Likes

It’s a nice design, but I just don’t like it. It looks like a hex nut, which I wouldn’t guess would be money if I was younger. I can also see it being a coin, but that doesn’t really make much sense. If it’s called Robux, why is it’s icon a coin/hex nut thing. I like the way it looks, but I just don’t think it fits with Robux.

20 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to have the icon more “coin shaped” so that it is more easily associated with currency? The new one looks extremely abstract, especially with the colouration - even a gold or silver colour would draw a closer association to an actual coin or some form of currency, rather than just some abstract polygons.

18 Likes

I have the same opinion that the new icon doesn’t scream “Robux”. I do see a need to change the icon though. Roblox has been trying to grow in the Asian market where having a character that is foreign to most of the languages (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc), in this case the “R”, would seem odd to have. Whether this is the intention or not, I see this as a good step to not relying on non-universal characters, but there could be some improvements to the design (as mentioned above). Does make me wonder if this is why the Roblox logo is just the tilted “O” instead of the “R”.

34 Likes

I don’t mean to sound like an echo chamber after everyone else, but I don’t really like the new symbol either. It’s not a bad design, don’t get me wrong. But it doesn’t feel like “ROBLOX”. If a kid saw the design, they wouldn’t associate it with Robux, even if it’s on every Catalog item.

I understand the need/want to keep updating the site and making it look better, more modern, etc. But this new design is just so far from what ROBLOX is that it looks like a completely different site’s feature. It doesn’t fit, or mesh well with everything else. I’m not against this, but I feel that something else may have been better.

17 Likes