There's a new Robux icon!

Are you sure this isn’t being caused by a third-party plugin?

I’d also suggest making a #platform-feedback:website-bugs report to ensure engineers can see it.

1 Like

Looking at some of these posts, I may be one of the few that welcomes this change. The old logo was not professional in any sense and with Roblox’s ambition to tailor this platform to older users, this is the way to go.

Another thing, an icon no matter how you look at it will always be an icon. What Roblox did was smart. It creates brand recognition for people who see it. This allows the platform to be unique and easily recognized by people who know about it.

Perhaps, we need the website to reflect these ambitions.

I don’t believe images can be displayed in tooltips like that. Those are browser created and the only way to fix that would be to create a custom tooltip engine.

or just RB… RO-BUCKS

Rs would still be confusing

⏣ This icon seems more similar in design…

4 Likes

Something I’ve been thinking of, but why not make the robux logo a coin with the ROBLOX logo on it? Something that kind of looks like this;

Most, if not all, countries have a coin as part of their currency, and it’d still fit with the ROBLOX theme and feel, without looking odd.

5 Likes

I 100% agree with you. That is an amazing reference.

1 Like

I like the idea of a coin. I think it’ll fit in nicely.

5 Likes

Don’t forget to add 2 lines in the logo

1 Like

I’d like to know where you got your standards for professionalism for icons.

Maybe if the icon actually looked unique and not generic and forgettable. I mean come on Roblox’s logo is basically a glorified Cheezit. A rotated square. I get the appeal of simplicity and minimalism but there is no unique Roblox identifier anywhere in their new designs. It is in every sense of the word boring. They are taking design philosophies you’d see in developer tooling and applying them to the core website.

Professional / corporate experience.

They’re trying to put more emphasis on the developer’s creations and making their branding less intrusive. Instagram did the same thing a while back. It appeals to an older audience, and frankly, I’m all for it.

I get that, I just think its a little too far when you start putting developer tooling philosophies into every design. Even Instagram still has some identifiers that stand out. Such as their logo which isn’t bland at all. Older audiences need more love but the roblox audience is largely 10-12

Fair enough I just didn’t think a green R$ could be seen as unprofessional. Just not over the top professional.

Honestly I think it looks great and modern but like most I also Think it look more a coin or a “token” so I would like to change it to a bux look not a coin

Not a good idea. It’s named Robux for a reason, bux —> bucks which isn’t what that looks like.

No real need to update this, a bit pointless but I guess it’s a somewhat improvement. If I was a new player, I would think it’s a point system at first. If I saw the previous one, I would think instantly that it’s currency. You need to make things easy understandable, especially when it comes to a game aiming to target kids and preteens. Since there isn’t any sort of built-in tutorial on how to use the website, this seems like a bit of a tricky move.

2 Likes

That’s my image I posted on my twitter, it’s a section from the Robux guidelines, go back to OP and find the file.

I don’t believe I remember there being any guidelines on how to use the old “R$” logo. So I must ask, do we get a warning if we use the logo incorrectly, if a developer is found using your new logo in a ‘tasteless way’ due to your new guidelines?(I’m sure most wouldn’t do this on purpose)

What about old games that we do not offer updates for anymore, do we really have to go in and update to these new logos?

Also, why not just upload the new logos to the UI interface in Studio for us to easily use in the manner you are requesting?

1 Like

I’m curious about this too. Are we being encouraged to follow the guidelines to a T, or are they just helpful suggestions? If we slapped something like this in a ViewportFrame next to(or a layer beneath) the price of a gamepass, could our game get flagged for take-down?

2 Likes

Nope, they are brand guidelines, not rules. You won’t get in trouble for not getting it right.

That being said, it’s still in your interest to follow these, because most Roblox games will, so your players will be familiar with things being laid out and positioned as suggested by the guidelines.

Probably not worth your time – don’t bother.

3 Likes

I’m gonna be honest and say it kinda sucks because it looks nothing like something related to dollars I think that is what robux is based off, To be honest, I would call them Ronuts because the design is similar to that.

Rocoins sounds more fitting for the new log too

2 Likes