There's an issue with the new UI selection that Roblox has implemented

Hello, DevForum!

Whenever I play a Roblox game (I’m on a Windows PC, latest ver.) sometimes this little blue box appears while I’m playing the game, and it’s not clear how to disable it. Sometimes going to the menu and then going out after selecting a few options works, sometimes resetting works if the game removes all the UI after you reset, but it’s a little blue box that selects all the UI options. It’s becoming a real problem lately as I play games which require a lot of inputs and an interruption like that doesn’t allow me to play the game properly. Does anyone know how to disable it? Is there a permanent solution to fix the issue? Let me know!

The image shows the UI box hovering over the “Menu” button. It randomly appears and I can’t seem to recreate it with any specific key presses, I’ve tried pressing all individual keys and combinations - nothing seems to turn it off.

Thanks!

1 Like

Either you have a game pad connected to your pc, or you pressed backslash which enables a new feature where you can use arrow keys to navigate ui.

Wait it’s BACKSLASH?

Bro not Roblox not making sense

1 Like

The selection method does not respect GuiButton.Active.

You can press escape, then go to settings, then wait a few seconds, then press escape again. That should stop it. (thanks for my friend telling me that since that kept happening to me too)

1 Like

Sorry for bumping, but you can press backslash again to stop it, it’s toggleable now. You should probably mark this as the solution.

It was always possible to toggle it. They just recently added the notification to say it was toggleable.

1 Like

how do i fix that

asfdasdfasdf

You have to press the hash/tilde key to disable it. It says backslash, but this is incorrect for 90% of keyboard layouts that aren’t the US default one.

1 Like