How to revert the Roblox website font! [Extension]

dont delete it, let people share their opinions in a peaceful (haha) manner

5 Likes

i do think the new font would be cool. . .if they spaced it out a bit

I mean, if we say we don’t like it, there is a chance that Roblox will at least modify the font a little to make it easier on the eyes

2 Likes

Whoever likes the font, just keep it, whoever doesn’t, I’ll make an extension to revert it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This font permanently removed my ability to read any form of text. Please change it to anything else.

1 Like

If anyone is wondering, it’s the BUILDER font Roblox created, more information here:

2 Likes

Thank you! I also edited the original post to have the link for anyone confused who joins the thread already.

1 Like

I obsess over fonts too. I hate the lack of freedom when it comes to using fonts in your games ahem, experiences.
A lot of the time you have to use images, or create some custom font module that you will spend not short times on.

As far as I’m aware, the Roblox Dark theme uses Gotham too and every other theme uses Arial. Nooo, my favorite fonts! They’re gone!

Here’s a small table that shows all fonts that all current themes use.

Theme Font
Roblox Dark Gotham
Grey Amber Arial
Light Arial
Dark Arial

Also, I quoted you on that! Sorry.

6 Likes

If the font wasn’t so condensed it would be so much better in my opinion.

5 Likes

I do have one question, though… What’s with billionaire companies refusing to pay like maybe a few hundred bucks a month for a font? I know that sounds like a lot, but it’s not for a company like Roblox. It’s not like they’d go bankrupt or anything.

1 Like

I have tried so many times to get custom fonts into my experiences games it’s not even funny…

1 Like

Here are my thoughts and opinions

11 Likes

It’s millions of dollars a year going toward a font.

1 Like

all they gotta do

1 Like

the creator hub is thankfully still the same, looks like the only change was the roblox website. . .for now. . .

1 Like

I don’t think so. Maybe a couple thousand, but not millions. And anyways, isn’t Roblox paying for the rights to the other fonts? Why does Gotham matter so much?

is anyone’s website failing to load pictures

1 Like

Gotham SSM has been used for alot of UI’s for a long while now.

It’s really iconic to us devs.

4 Likes

Yup, and they’re getting rid of it cause they aren’t willing to pay what little amount it costs to keep using it.

How do you know exactly how much it costs?
Eitherway, they already have a Gotham replacement, Montserrat.