Third Party Sales Not Allowing My Own Game Pass

1. I am developing a game which is currently private.

2. I added a new game pass to that game.

3. Third Party Sales is not enabled.

4. PromptGamePassPurchase is used to prompt the player to buy the game pass.

5. But when testing in Local Server mode in Studio, the prompt from the step above shows this message:

Third party item sales have been disabled for this place. Your account has not been charged.

And the output window shows this message:
AllowThirdPartySales has blocked the purchase prompt for 0 created by [My UserId]. To sell this asset made by a different user, you will need to enable AllowThirdPartySales.

Questions:

• I am just trying to sell my own game pass in game, so why is this happening and how can I fix it?
  • Do I need to enable Third Party Sales even for my own game pass?

Update:

• This problem seems to be related to Studio. When I test in Local Server mode in Studio, then the error above occurs.
  • However when I test it in an actual game, then everything works fine.
12 Likes

do you have 3rd party sales enabled in settings?

1 Like

But it is my own game pass, and not the game pass of a third party. So why would it require me to enable 3rd party sales for my own game pass?

1 Like

it has you have third part sales so you CAN sell gamepasses/prompt them.
Edit: I’m not very good at explaining these types of things.

If third party sales aren’t turned on then you don’t have a chance in buying your own gamepass or any within your game

You do need to turn off Third Party Sales…
but one problem: backdoors.

The thing that is confusing is that I am just trying to sell my own game pass within my own game. So why would that be considered a third party sale?

1 Like

Hi MapleMarvel,

Could you help clarify couple things?

1. Have you published the game?
  2. If so, is the game published under a group account or your own user account?
  3. How about game pass? which account did you published under?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi DrowningEggs,

• The game is published, but it is currently private (not public).
  • The game is published under my own user account.
  • The game pass was added to the game under my own user account (via Roblox > Create > Select Game > Add Game Pass ).

Feel free to PM me if you need more details. Thanks.

Are you positive you’re not passing the wrong GP ID?

Maybe by third party sales it just means any sales that don’t use in-game currency?
Also can I see your gamepass prompt script?

No a third-party sale is a sale prompted by someone who doesn’t own the game.

Was this just in Roblox Studio or the actual game too? I have run into this error but I found out it is best to test in the actual game, not in Roblox Studio.

6 Likes

I think you are right. I tested it in an actual game and it worked fine.

So the problem seems to be related to Studio. When I test in Local Server mode in Studio, then the error above occurs.

1 Like

This is very interesting as testing gamepasses in Studio should bring up a “test” prompt.

This does make testing Game Passes in Studio very difficult.

3 Likes

You could test this by allowing 3rd-party sales, and when you are done testing, turn it off

3 Likes

Currently running into this problem myself. Even when I turn on Third Party Sales through Workspace properties, it still prompts me to turn it on.

I hope this does not occur in the actual game.

3 Likes

I just ran into this issue and it is occurring for everyone within my Team Create session - this seems to be only affecting Play Solo (and possibly related client simulations that operate within a primary Studio instance) and Team Test is the only built-in method that does not yield this result for me.

The warning I get within Play Solo is simply:
“AllowThirdPartySales has blocked the purchase prompt for 0 created by xxxxxxx. To sell this asset made by a different user, you will need to enable AllowThirdPartySales.”

I am assuming this came in with the several other issue plaguing studio in the recent update - just a notice as of now.

Ran into this issue as well, this game passes are part of a group game. It detects it as a Third-Party sale, this only works in the actual game. Roblox administrators should fix this issue.

4 Likes