Third person guns for mobile users

i want mobile users “mouse” to be locked in the center

I got a shiftlock script but the shift lock script doesn’t lock the mouse in the center (ie if you tap on a location the gun will shoot there instead)
i’ve tried locking the mouse to the middle using User input service but that’s no good either

if this isn’t possible could anyone tell me how to get the position infront of the camera?
thanks for reading.

Did you create a shiftlock script or did you got it directly from roblox’s shiftlock module script?

1 Like

shift lock script, don’t know how to access the roblox shift lock module. Of coruse i could try to figure it out since even with the default one the “mouse” isn’t locked to the center causing the bullets to go hay wire and fly to the jump or walk button

If you want roblox’s shift lock module script then do this:

Click play, go to the server on the home tab, go to the Players service and click your player’s name, click PlayerScripts, click the PlayerModule’s module script and copy it. After you done that, go to StarterPlayer>StarterPlayerScripts and paste it inside StarterPlayerScripts and try finding the shiftlock module inside the PlayerModule module script, not inside the PlayerModule module script’s code.

I’m on a touch screen device so I can’t be more specific.

thanks i’ll give it a shot, if it’s right i’ll make sure to put this as the solution

I’m not so familiar with this free model but I have seen that a free model called “FE gun kit” has the system that locks the mobile player’s “mouse” to the center upon equipping a gun but I know it can’t help you a lot since their gun kit is different than yours but maybe it’s good to give it a shot :upside_down_face:

tip: Try searching the key word “mobile”

i’m currently using my own gun script but i’ll look into it

no solutions yet, fe gun kit script is too clutterd to actually figure out what the hell is going on, and yes the roblox shift lock doesn’t lock the “mouse” to the middle of the screen for mobile users