"This game has changed its title." for game pages, cooldown for title/thumbnail changing

Working in a similar way to the way it does on user pages, this would simply say all the recent titles a game has had. It would help identify bait & switch games.

Also- it’d be wonderful if there was a cooldown period on changing a place’s thumbnail/name. Something like a half-hour to an hour? That would make it so people couldn’t just constantly change the name to something slightly different to override the “recent names” feature, and it would prevent the front page from having so many bait-and-switch incidents.

I want to be able to change my game’s title when I need to, not when I can

But the recent titles thing is a fine idea, except for the fact that the people who play “bait and switch” games don’t even look for anything other than the title + thumbnail combo. They would likely not see the “other titles icon” which I presume you would mouse over to see all the recent titles, like the user name changes.

While a cooldown may be helpful, it can also seriously punish legitimate people.

A case I see this being an issue is having typos in a game’s title and wanting to fix it but having to wait.

Although it sounds decent, this wouldn’t help at all. Users join bait/switch games because they look good at first glance – if the users took the time to actually look at the rating system and/or comments, they would know it was a bait/switch game. Since they don’t do that, I don’t suppose they’d check over an area that listed previous names.

As for the cooldown period, that limit is way to lenient – loleris changed his place’s name once and he instantly skyrocketed past Nikilis’s game – the cooldown would never would have affected him.

Honestly, the only way we’re going to see the end of bait/switch games is if the following are put into order:

1. Place titles cannot be changed when the game has over 500,000 visits (no reason to allow them in the first place – a game with 500,000 visits isn’t going to be changed into another game.)
  2. Thumbnails for places that show any kind of gameplay from a game other than the current game (i.e. animated thumbnails where creators CFrame models into really cool combat scenes and pass it off as real gameplay, Minecraft thumbnails, etc)
  3. Moderators crack down on bait/switchers – not everything can be solved with a computer’s brain.
  4. Award players 10 Robux or whatnot for marking a game as “Bait/Switch” – if they are correct, they get the money, but if they incorrectly voted, the lose some money. Same concept as that million Robux bounty for that place stealing exploit :stuck_out_tongue:

playing devils advocate:

Maybe if you weren’t allowed to change the title if you have x amount of players/servers running on the place? Because obviously the game is attracting players already

Or if the cooldown was only active during this time?

[quote] playing devils advocate:

Maybe if you weren’t allowed to change the title if you have x amount of players/servers running on the place? Because obviously the game is attracting players already

Or if the cooldown was only active during this time? [/quote]I dunno, I think a timed solution is a bit better- it lets you change the title, but not so consistently that you can change the game’s look entirely as soon as it dips down in popularity, and not so rarely that you’re unable to do it at all if you’re on the front page.

On a somewhat related note, it should be against the rules for owners to make promises to users for actions that can’t be detected (Ie: Thumbs up and favorite for VIP!).

uh oh makes a typo in title and can’t change it