This Tennis Ball is Playing Games with Me

Hi all,

I’m working on a tennis game however the ball’s texture acts a little weird when you zoom out of the ball, all of a sudden black lines start appearing and I have no clue why.

108d97779ce7d28b7cadc4aa9179d2931

Here’s the explorer window:

Does anybody know why that happens or how to prevent it?

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

You mean that the ball looks fuzzy when you zoom out?

1 Like

I’m trying to get rid of the black lines that appear out of nowhere

fa1b1da91068cdf851b243f62148eafc1

1 Like

Howdy, would you mind showing us the texture?

2 Likes

Oh, that’s weird. Try moving the tennis ball somewhere else on the map and tell me if the problem consists. It’s possible its a lighting issue but I doubt it.

1 Like

OH it could be because of the black outline around the texture 0__0

Edit: Nevermind, there is no black outline.

2 Likes

that iss super strange, the only think I could think the issue is, is a mesh issue clashing with lighting.

1 Like

I’ve tried changing bunch of Lighting settings, nothing changed on the ball.

1 Like

How do you make the mesh? Just wandering how you unwrapped the texture as well as how you went along with modeling it, I’ve seen this happen because of a mirror modifier on my personal model, but I doubt you modeled this rather then subdividing a sphere.

1 Like

Ok, I’m not sure if this will work for you, but make a meshpart, and put the id, I think that is a way around this.

maybe try not making a mesh instead make a normal ball and put six texture properties in your ball since the the ball has six sides if it was a cube and put a texure id in the six texture part i hope it works

1 Like

It could be that the texture is too small or too big?

1 Like