Thoughs on 2D obby {Updated}

Please note this game is in TEST RELEASE

This game is a 2D obby game I made I am slowly going to update it but need feedback on the game (All feedback welcome).

The icon might not be there

https://www.roblox.com/games/6259437576/Light-Blue-Test-Release?refPageId=486c976a-37ae-4bff-a746-6f3311badba4

Rating (Please Vote)
  • Ultra Bad
  • Bad
  • Okay
  • Good
  • Amazingly Good

0 voters

Updates

• 2 more levels
  • end screen now closes
  • new donate frame
  • platform level no has 2 platforms
2 Likes

The game is actually decent! I love it, and it’s fun.

Thankyou, did you spot anything you would change

1 Like

I’m gonna continue playing and see.

1 Like

This game is actually good! Its really well-made, but you also gotta add a song, some kind of song that fits the enviornment not like tycoon music.

1. Fix the checkpoint hitboxes
  2. Add more stuff to the game like bonus obbies, some kind of level saving system (I can do that for you if you want)

That’s all I gotta say, the rest of the game is good.

Join the game group and I ill rank you up to Royal gamer

Thanks man, you’re the royal-est gamer ever. I can trio the game with you if you want, because I can script many stuff for a 2D game. Also I joined the group.

K but you MUST run tuff though me first (I.E. new levels) and I will do a interveiw with you

1 Like

Thanks man, I’ll make sure to think of Ideas. I am also making a “jojo” kind of game, if you wanna check it out, I’m going to release it in like a week with a few stands. I’ll be adding more.

This is a great twist on the usually boring obby genre. I would however recommend:

• Make the moving platform move the player, when the player is standing on it.
  • The killparts can currently just be jumped on. You should make them CanCollide = false to make sure that the part will register soft touches.

One thing I’d say is this isn’t 2D.

Its a 3D side scroller. A 2D platformer (which I think you’re aiming to create) would be fully flat with details in the art-style to appear as 3D.
A great example of this would be how the game Hallow knight uses its art-style to appear as a 3D game with objects being both behind and in front of the player, where as your game, you can see the player rotate and see 3d objects which the player walks on.

Example

I have a little bit of feedback for you

At this level it was unclear what I was supposed to do. I did end up figuring out that I was supposed to wait for a moving platform, but I suggest hinting to that the player needs to wait for something.

Nice level, though in my opinion the parts are a little too long. I also noticed you can some of the times avoid restarting the level by jumping while you land on the parts, this can be prevented by disabling collision for those parts.

Nice level, I don’t see that idea often in obbies, is it alright if I use this in my own obby?

k I first tried using it a water mill in another obby that is very cool.
thanks for the feedback

wow it’s actually pretty good.