Thoughts on a game idea generator UI

Hi! I’ve been working on a Game Idea Generator and thought it looked a little bland. So, I turned to you for any feedback or more ideas for a game genre!

Any feedback is appreciated!
https://gyazo.com/788be7960fc78027a2dcdba148dda0fb

1 Like

Why no shooter on the list that is big genre : (

You could do like futuristic military shooter or like arcade space shooter that kinda thing.

1 Like

I will try those out!

As an ok UI designer like myself here are my thoughts towards your UI you designed.

• The colours look decent, though I would make it colourful. I suggest using flatuicolors.com to search for colourful colours for UI’s.
  • The game name generator idea is a great idea though you should provide more genres. Examples: FPS, obby, RPG, Fighting, etc.
  • I don’t know the name really for this. I think it’s called shading or something? Anyways, you should add a darker colour behind a lighter colour to me, it looks like the UI is popping out. The image below will support your understanding.
1 Like

I’m by no means a UI designer, but personally I think that if you use rounded corners then you should commit to using all rounded corners. In this case, I’d be curious as to seeing what all the buttons would look like with rounded corners.

2 Likes

Standardise text sizes. Add a title. Make the changing background colour adhere to a particular palette that blends with the buttons – and on that note, make the buttons less grey. Inspirre puts this perfectly, though there was no need to point at the shadow with an arrow lol.

How does the “Other” option work?

1 Like

Consider adding round corners for the buttons, and make the buttons have a “popping out” effect. I would also suggest that the background of the box not be the same colour as the overall UI background.

1 Like

no idea, tbh. It’ll probably just pull from a list of random genres that arent listed

just making the text the same size will improve what you have by a lot