Thoughts on a WIP "Daisho" Set?

I was modelling this daisho set a couple weeks back but I’m still not done with it due to a lot of real life issues I’ve encountered. However, this is the current progress that I have. I used a Kurikomi-Mokko gata tsuba for one of the katanas and a Sumi-kiri gata tsuba for the Wakizashi.

What do you guys think of them? (Sadly untextured)

I also have a WIP Tachi modeled as a gift for someone’s birthday below the main picture C:

6 Likes

Looks neat to me, is it me or the pink katana looks pretty bend-off although looking small/short

1 Like

I like them, but they can definitely use some textures. Other than that, good job! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That pink katana is actually a Wakizashi! It was intentionally made short.

Thanks! I’ll texture them after I finish the pommel.

Ya, I’ve heard of the Wakizashi before, short katana, what I’m refering to is this part of the Wakizashi…

Ahh. You mean the Habaki of the Wakizashi? Sorry, but would you mind explaining more on what I need to fix?

This is a closer view of the Wakizashi blade. I made it intentionally bent to simulate how blacksmiths tried to “shorten” katanas into wakizashis to tailor samurai who requested their weapons be shortened to wakizashi.

2 Likes

Basically fixing the yellow point thats between the handle(green) with the blade of the Wakizashi (red), I feel its a little unallign with together, I understand that it has that little bend between the handle and blade, but I think its a little too bend-off, as you can see…

But anyways, Arigatōgozaimashita…

Ah, I see. Thanks for the feedback! I probably won’t make much changes though, since that extra unalignment was actually intentional.

Thanks anyways!

1 Like