Thoughts on Brickbattle Grand Arena (SSB Type Game) + Devlog

Hello, my name is StarJ3M (or just Bizz Wizz). I’m currently developing a game cald Brickbattle Grand Arena, which takes lots of inspiration from the Super Smash Bros video game series. [I have made a documentation for ideas and details about the game]

:hammer_and_wrench: (Blox Grand Arena Storage - Google Docs) that you can view on google docs, if you have any extra ideas, feel free to put them in below.
More information will be added over time, but this game is still in the process of development :hammer_and_wrench: (Not everything is finished)

Brickbattle Grand Arena’s character and design is supposed to be based off of Roblox, its many avatars, and it overall. An easy example would be the Noob and Guest.

There will be base attacks (Punching / Slicing / etc.), Sliding, Uppercuts, and etc. But there will also be some special attacks that the player can pull off. I’m planning to add some stats that determines who wins.

• Knockouts (1+ e)
    • Special KO’s (2+ e)
  • Wipeouts (-1 e)
    • Special WP’s (-2 e)
  • Top Dmg (1+)
  • Lives (0-3)

The player with the highest stats wins.

Dev Log

11/12/2022

• Added a mechanic that allows players to get on top of a platform from below.
Does this game have potential?
  • Possibly
  • Uncertain
  • Doubts

0 voters

2 Likes

It’s great to see someone trying to make a Smash game on Roblox.

The main advice I’d have for a character-based arena fighter like this one is to have a decent amount of basic attacks to give you a wide range of options in many situations. It’s a major gripe of mine that a lot of Smash-inspired games on and off Roblox only have a single basic attack, a handful of special attacks and a powerful finisher; I think that a larger selection of basic attacks which allow characters to cover more ground really helps fighters come alive (for example, Smash has a jab, a dash attack, a getup attack, a ledge attack and two full series of tilts and aerial attacks). It looks like you already have a decent amount of attacks based on the excerpt you’ve given on this post, which I’d say is a good start.

I’d also be curious whether you’re planning to have your game in freeform 3D, or whether you’d be going for a strict side view camera like in Smash which limits physics to two dimensions. In theory, both could work, but I think that planning out directional attacks would be easier with a Smash-styled camera.

1 Like

I’d love to see and play a Smash Bros game on Roblox! The creator of Smash himself has been uploading YouTube videos about how he developed the game recently, so I bet you could get some ideas from them! Good luck!

1 Like

The game camera is defiantly going to be 2D, especially so I can make hitting other players easier. Although, I may change the current view from following the individual player depending on who’s playing to a full 2D view.

Thanks for telling me! I’ll make sure to note this down. I also have more time since it’s the weekends now to work on this game!

1 Like

Oh my god, I had this same idea as well, it’s so cool to see someone going through with the whole idea! A collection of Roblox all-stars fighting it out Smash Bros Style!!

My only piece of advice at the moment is to just do your own thing with the concept, bring something new to the table!

Best of luck my friend! : D

1 Like

Thanks! But do you suppose that we both work on this game together?

My best ability would probably be scripting, I don’t know how to animate to well, nor do I know the best on how to make music.

It could be a possibility, if we want to continue our discussion, we should probably head over to DMs.

1 Like

Been on a bit of an hiatus, but I’ma make something today.

YOOOOO
I heard this song every time I opened my 3DS:)

The game looks very cool though!

1 Like