Thoughts On Donut Shop

Hello, today i decided to revamp my old Donut Shop since it was just a square with stuff inside.

Old

Donut Shop

So guys here is the new Donut Shop!

7 Likes

Not going to lie, I prefer the old one. Many things are quite undetailed and plain. Additionally, there is a lack of depth in your builds. I suggest taking more time and effort on everything. Instead of making a five minute chair, maybe spent 10 or 20 minutes for detail. Same with the tables and desk.

6 Likes

Am have to go for the new one it looks so good… They both look so good I love them both but I think mostly the New one looks good.

1 Like

Here are some design suggestions.

Images

3 Likes

I personally prefer the first version, it has more detail, but regardless of that, I think the materials used need to be more modernised, as well as more details. Also, good examples @Lv100DominusUltimus

1 Like

Hi really i don’t see what other people see in the old build. If you would like to can you please tell me what you see in the old build and how you think it looks nice.

Old

People always tell me to put more shape into my Donut Shop So i did.

New

When people say shape, they don’t mean like cubes and stuff like that. They mean a good architectural design, like a fancy cafe you see in real life.

2 Likes

I see what you mean but the new build is not a cube, its a Octagon and it looks like a Donut Shop. I am still working on other types of architecture, but my first focus is shape of the build from changing my builds from cubes to having shape. Also one other thing i got criticized on was inconsistency in size, which means my build were basically huge in size when they didn’t need to be this is the old build compared to a roblox avatar

Well, I personally think the first one was the better one, but you decide what you decide.

1 Like

I prefer old one it look much more modern and better.

1 Like

I like the idea you are aiming for. I however believe that an asymmetrical structure with more depth may look a bit more modern. There is also a lot of empty space in the center of the rooms that could be detailed.

3 Likes

I really do think the old one is nicer looking. It seems like you spent a lot more time and used more detail on that one. The second one is alright, however it lacks windows or any kind of external details, which kind of makes it start to appear as just a block. A suggestion for the interior I have is that if the floor and the roof have a small distance in between, try not to use the same color. Using a lighter color for the roof will really make the entire place look opened-up.
Great start, good luck!

1 Like

The donuts price tags overlap with the other donuts, and in the screenshot with that particular issue I can barely see the first donut like is it 25 dollars or 15? Spacing them apart a bit more would make it better

1 Like

I mean you can tell by the first pics of the old and new one clearly the old looks better.

1 Like

The interior could use some work. The first image looks the best.

1 Like

When you make stuff in studio your window is usually in VGA pixel size so they look squished, when you move into the real game however which is usually 1280X720 or 720P unless you click alt + enter which resets the roblox window to your native resolution, it is not squished.

Hey everyone from all your feedback on how the old shop was better i brought it back, but i still kept the new one and put in somewhere else in the city so it acts like a small donut shop run by the same chain of restaurants.

They both could use some more detail. They are a good start tho. Maybe add some brick on the outside for detail and some window trim.

3 Likes

This looks good but it could be bigger!

1 Like

I like the first one more because of the large logo, I think it looks better than having a small logo. But yeah, just try messing around with shapes a bit more until you find something that you think looks good (and don’t be afraid to try different shapes in the future).

1 Like