Thoughts on first game trailer

Hi, this is my first time trying to make a trailer for a game I’m making. I know it’s kinda short but yeah…
pls feedback lol

I know quality bad pls no bully

edit: THE GAME IS OUT NOW!!! go play if you want: https://www.roblox.com/games/6606203337/Two-player-obby-3
if you decide to play with a friend pls report any bugs you find in this post thank you very much!

23 Likes

It’s good for your first game trailer. There are some stuff to improve in the trailer, things like:

0:02, when they both fall, it feels weird, and why do they have swords?

0:14, when he falls, i think the failing animation is way too fast. also when he jumps, the animation where he is in air, is too long, and shouldn’t even be there.

But, besides that, it’s a good start. Rating: 4/10

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! That sword is just my avatar tho lol.

1 Like

I must say, you did a great job for a first time! I watched the video and it was entertaining.

I think I see what you tried to do here. You see it a lot in cartoons/animations. The person runs off a cliff and “hangs” for a second or two in the air and then falls. Usually their arms/legs keep moving, as they try to run/swim/fly in the air.

Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol thank you for getting that reference and thanks for the feedback!

looks decent, ill give it a 6/10 rating
Sav

1 Like

I really like the trailer, try adding music and some titles like “Beat others!” or “And! Err… and fall down” like that to make it appealing and funny to the audience.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will definitely keep that in mind.

For your first, it’s quite good. It accomplishes what an add is supposed to do, I like the animations, shows some gameplay. Of course, there is always room for improvement. Overall good trailer

1 Like

That’s for comical purposes and not necessarily supposed to be accurate to physics. Or in other words, every scooby-doo episode…ever

This is pretty good. However, it lacks sound effects/music. Just add those, and you’ll be good to go!

On a personal note, maybe make it so “Play” falls on the character first, and then about like 5 seconds later, “pls” falls on his head.

3 Likes

I like it. It has a bit of a funny twist. I don’t know if the pls play is a good addition as it’s like when youtubers say “please subscribe”, it might be good for the game I’m not sure. Although I think it would if you change what @TheSuzerain said if you’d put the “Play” first and then the “Pls” I think that would be funny. Also maybe change the title to Official Roblox Game Trailer, I think you’d get more views like that.

3 Likes

Oh my god, I FREAKING LOVE THIS! I always wanted to make a trailer, but I’m still improving on my animations. Can you give me some tips on how to animate better? I would really appreciate it! Your trailer looks SICK, BTW!

The only thing I would change is that the fall is a bit stiff. I would consider slowing it down a teeny bit.

1 Like

Its really good and funny. its just the fall is a bit too fast. Overall, 9.231293861928/10!!!

1 Like

Here is a list:
use moon animator
practice a lot
watch all moon animator tutorials on the official moon animator channel
experiment a lot with the plugin to get used to it
practice a lot
use tweens
practice a lot
probably get an editing software for post production things like sound effects and maybe even special effects (I didn’t put any sound in this animation because I have yet to find a good and free editor lol)
good luck

1 Like

It was entertaining and funny to watch. The one issue that you could try to avoid in the future is not putting ‘pls play’ at the end as it sounds very weird and desperate. I’m sure that a lot of people would play the game even without it by seeing this trailer.

1 Like

Its very well for ur first time, i Rate it 7\10!

1 Like