Thoughts On Halloween Area

Hello today i made a Halloween area for my game, and i wanted to know what you think.

In Game

https://gyazo.com/d314b8a8dd017b253ddedb33d7295d31

13 Likes

I think it looks good, it just needs a little more substance. The trees are pretty consistent, so I would recommend making a couple different versions (recreating nature can be hard). Some shrubbery and rocks would be nice too. You could also build up terrain on every side instead of just two of them, so the map doesn’t look like it just drops off. Besides that, it actually looks pretty good. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Looks really good! But I would suggest keeping the lighting dark to make the map look more ominous.

1 Like

My game is not centered around this area its just a little seasonal area i added for Halloween.

I am working on walls on all sides of the map before this post, i am just not done with them. I will now go and make the tree tops different colors. Ill add bushes, mushrooms, rocks, and fallen branches.

1 Like

Added Mushrooms, Branches, Bushes, Rocks, Tree Top Colors

Screenshot%20(917) Screenshot%20(920)

2 Likes

Looks good, however due to some lighting, some people may struggle to see during the night.

1 Like

Its Pretty Spooky Halloween Its Awesome I Say 3d Model The Pumpkins and I think it would look better

1 Like

You can add street lamps with flickering lights then it turns into orange lights when you hit a spot like you did the the sky block.

1 Like

Maybe you can try using ambience to make it more spooky.

1 Like

This Halloween area, looks really good like the spooky feel it has to it. I think it well look more better with the details you added to the! Terrain and around the whole area so players, could get scared to see what’s happening down that. Street area however i feel light street lights are well needed since you well mostly see these kind, of things inside (Halloween Games) as said, above try adding some street lights flickering of and on to. Look like a spooky kind of area that people have never went down that area before you, could try doing something like that i know that well add a great add addition to, your spooky halloween area game! And if you plan on adding other spooky looking details i would add some. Scary trees such as some with no leaves of them, you could try making some with no leaves to, look like that area been there for a very long time! And then try putting some spider webs on some, of the tree branches and the gate part as you. Well most likely see these kind of decorations around spooky houses, towns, neighborhoods, ect. Try giving that area a more spooky feel to it and then! You could add more decorations around such as bones, bats, candles, eyeball, ghost, lanterns, torches, and other’s only if you plan adding them!!

And if you plan on adding some decorations around that street area. Those are some of the decorations you could try adding, that i said above down that spooky area overall! If you just plan on adding little designs down there you could. Try adding some hanging lanterns, torches, bones, scrolls, owls, skulls, potions, rocks, ect. However you don’t have to add all the details, i listed above and here just try adding some! That well fit good down that area however i feel like spider webs on trees, gates, well add a very nice piece to your. Spooky game i do believe players well be a bit scared to, even go down that area at night but i’ll just try, adding a couple of decorations not to many since it’s a! Scary area not that much needs to be added. Overall nicely done on your creation i really like, it and i know with other details added to it i know it will look! A lot more better. And improved

Overall, i think you have a great piece here i believe you have done a amazing job. Making this Halloween area i really think you have the right details, spooky little decorations around but. Know it’s time to add a couple of more, details around that area only if you want it to not be! Filled up with a bunch of details but if you want, to add more things i do plan those are some, to make it look like a spooky kind of area that i won’t go. Down because it looks scary looking lol. But i would just try adding maybe some broken houses! Maybe with some spider webs, bones, zombie hands, hanging bats, lanterns, and some broken branches around the house area just to give that street. Area a spooky kind of feel to it however you really, got the details that’s really in Halloween areas but there! Could be a bunch of more things around the, area anyways you have done a amazing job so. Far i know there is a lot more things you got, to add to that area soon hope to see, the final update of the area to see what it turned! Out overall those are some i’ll implement to that area.

3 Likes

Like what was said before, maybe the trees need more variety, and some more complex shapes rather than just blocks, try meshes instead. Good job nonetheless!

2 Likes

I suggest at least rotating and varying the height of the trees. varying the leaf colors between yellow, orange and red will also help by adding more variation to the area.

1 Like