Thoughts on hallucination effect?

The poisoned status effect is inflicted by flora magic. This status effect has damage over time of +0.25x across 10 seconds. Aside from the damage, the target also has a hallucination effect.

Flora magic stats

Damage: 0.875x
Speed: 1.3125x
Size: 1x
Cooldown: 0.625x
Mana Cost: 0.625x
Shield Strength: 100% incoming damage reduced

Is the effect too trippy? Are the messages (your character’s thoughts) on screen too insane or something? Do I need to add/remove some messages?

List of all messages (some are memes)

If you’re wondering how I managed to start playing the game already despite not selecting an element, I can press [K] (DescendedGod) or [L] (AscendedGod) to use one of my custom magics. Those custom magics don’t appear on the selection screen. I added server sanity checks to prevent hackers from using it.

8 Likes

the thing that ruins it a bit is the fact sometimes same messages go after each other, i suggest adding a check against that.
Also, THIS :drooling_face:: Easy Camera Distortion and Manipulation (GONE WRONG) **Professional edition** CUSTOM SHIFTLOCK NEW || Roblox Roblox Studio

4 Likes

It does a great job at what it was meant to do, distract the player. It stays fresh by having so many messages to read. Disclaimer on photosensitivity I recommend adding a safety toggle for photo-epileptic-prone users, if you plan on keeping the colors that vibrant and flashy.

4 Likes

i have no idea how i could disable the flash as i think it works by tweening some colorcorrection’s contrast

also idk what mainly made this effect possibly triggering for photosensitivity

3 Likes

What if you offset the saturation to have it subtract more color? Lowering the brightness would help if there was a way to do both.

2 Likes

i kinda dont know how to do this but i can add fov distortion

1 Like

i’m unsure how to remake the effects in such a way that it’s safe for photosensitive users, but my possible idea to is prevent the contrast and saturation from maybe going below like -1 (below -1 is invert)

1 Like

I have been curious for some time on whether roblox lets us add psychedelic effects to games and never really got an answer, is there a limit to how far we can take this?

2 Likes

i sorta dont think theres a limit as long as you dont reference drugs

i feel like im not at too much risk because i never mentioned drugs and maybe the fantasy context of the game

1 Like

could there be potential for false positives?

say for example your in a fantasy jungle with the effects shown above and you look at a mushroom decoration, could that be mistaken as drug use as it could be seen as a depiction of shrooms?

2 Likes