Thoughts on Midi Keyboard

I haven’t built for a long time. So, I’m in need of some cash. I decided to make a tycoon in order to achieve that. I’m making a record studio tycoon, which means I’ll need to make instruments. I cannot model in Blender, never had time to learn. I decided to make a midi keyboard for the producer behind the glass screen as a prop. I also decided to base it off of my real life Akai MPK Mini Keyboard.

So yeah, this is 100% made by me in Studio. I don’t want to cause lag, but any thoughts?

The game has more of a low poly feel, but I have added some high poly things to it.

7 Likes

First of all the keyboard looks really good but the buttons look a bit strange maybe widen them also the green and red button would look better if they were neon but good job otherwise.

2 Likes

Ahhh yes. I do agree with that. Thank you!

1 Like

Great job on the design, that looks awesome! I would suggest making the buttons on the top left of the keyboard round, although, that’s just only my preference.

1 Like

I was thinking that. The thing with the MPK though, is those are for drum samples. It’s a drum pad basically. So in the real model, they’re square pads.

1 Like

It looks nice! I think you should change the color of the keyboard, the red is unappealing imo. other than that it looks really good! Good luck with your game, and I’d be happy to try it out!
Side note; you should try out gimp, it’ll help you take way better screenshots! (No offense)

1 Like

Haha thank you! I’ll work with the red tomorrow as it’s midnight. I never knew gimp takes screenshots?

It looks nice nut i seriously suggest that learning blender would make your life easier and you’ll be able to make more quality and realistic models. Overall it’s a very nice build.

1 Like

Your “Midi Keyboard” looks very amazing, i like how you added the shape, design, details, to the Akai MPK as well the details. That’s implemented to your keyboard is really decent! However there is a couple of things. I’ll fix on your keyboard so it could look. More detailed and improved a lot more overall. You have done a decent job on remaking a real life (Akai MPK Mini Keyboard) and i think it looks really amazing! Anyways i would try to make the “Drum Samples” a bit more wider and square like because, they seem a little to small however. It still looks good though!!

Akai MPK Mini Keyboard
So i really like how you remade, the real life “Mini Keyboard” and i think it looks decent. However the ‘Drum Pads’ you implemented to your keyboard! Look good but i would recommend you widen them out to make them look, like a square button as in the real, life ones the buttons. Are more wider and bigger, so it could fit on the keyboard correctly! As the ones you made they, look decent but i would mostly make them look a little. Big and make them look like a square, shape you could try doing something like that, as well the color you implemented onto! Your keyboard i would try making the (Black Layout) around the keys, buttons, pads, knobs, ect. So it could look more improved as by looking at. Yours i see you only added the red color! Implemented all over the keyboard i would mostly add. The black color, and the red color, so it could look like the. Real life ones only if your trying to remake! The “MPK Mini Keyboard” in studio i know it, would look more better if you added the black, plastic part onto the keyboard and then you. Could add the red plastic part underneath the keyboard! Just to give it some more details to it anyways. I think it’s a really nice piece you’ve made! I would try working on those two, things so it could be improved.

Drum Pads/Knobs
And as i said above i would recommend you widen, the pads out and make them look like big square buttons so it could. Look more better as well the knobs you implemented, to your keyboard is impressive they really look the! Ones in (Real Life) however the white piece. That’s on the Knobs for mixing and, tweaking plug-ins i would mostly make, the white part a little thin as they seem to be a little to big, you could try making them! A little thin and implement them into the knobs so it could look a lot, more better and improved as the ones, in real life most of them on the Akai mini keyboard they mostly. Have the “CC Button” implemented in the middle of the (Bank A/B & Prog Change) those are the pad controls! I would try adding a grey button to your keyboard however i. Believe the one you have has that button in the, middle part on the side of your keyboard you could try adding! That as you can see below they, mostly have that pad added to the keyboard your remaking. I would suggest adding that!!

Reference

Details
I really like how your remaking, the “Akai MPK Mini Keyboard” and i think it looks really good, and as i said above i’ll try making the buttons. More square like and add the CC button, to the keyboard so it could look more detailed as, well you could add the CC pad only. If you plan on adding that, if you do i would suggest you add it so it could! Look more better and improved. Overall you’ve done a impressive, job on your keyboard it looks really decent can’t. Wait to see what else you add the keyboard and! Other creations you make with that!!

As well does your keyboard only implement. One color to it or does it have the black/red plastic cover, onto your (Akai Mini Keyboard) because mostly the keyboard! Your remaking based off the real life one you, have they have the black cover. Around the knobs, pads, buttons, ect?

Overall, you have done amazing job on your (Keyboard) these. Are just some details your mini keyboard needs. Around the knobs, pads, keys, buttons. However you don’t have to add the, (CC Button) to your keyboard only if! You plan on adding more details to it, can’t wait to see more of. Your work very soon and the different, details you add to your mini keyboard, with along your studio anyways great job. Hope to see what else you add to the studio project! Very soon anyways, keep it up!

2 Likes

LOL I MEANT TO SAY GYAZO. Its really late for me too. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

make the red parts a tiny bit reflective, midi keyboards are usually very clean and sleek, pretty cool regardless.

1 Like

It’s great, but I think the keys are just too blocky, make it a little smoother.

1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to write all of this. :joy: I’ll definitely get to work on it!

2 Likes

i suggest adding bevels or rounding out the corners

1 Like

Not bad, I’d suggest rounding the edges on the red base in the front as well as resize the drum pad buttons on the top left to fill in the space a little more. Also with the knobs the white part seems too thick And their spacing seems to be slightly off with each other.
A good way to combat this is to start with one knob in the top position you want, then ctrl+d do duplicate it and set your move distance to the distance you want between the knob in the first row and the second row. Move it once into position then select both and repeat for the rest and they will all be equal and look nice.

Keep up the good work your doing great!