Thoughts on my cartoony medieval house?

My game is in the classic roblox style as well as low poly, so I put them together and this is what I got. Any criticism or thoughts is super helpful!
Before:

After:

Not much changed, I just made a little scene and made the roof look less bland. The biggest change is me changing the lighting to Compatibility to really give that cartoony feel.
(No, I am not going to be adding props).

11 Likes

Amazing job! I really like medieval themes.

1 Like

The house itself seems to be missing a few props what I’m assuming it’s still in development and already being planned out? Perhaps wall lighting with a chimney on the roof so it could look less empty and not feature a basic bland design. Formation this will make the build look quite decent.

I also noticed that the windows kind of have that house feel to it that may be the way I’m looking at it. The building looks more like a house then a medieval design it’s mainly the front appearance and the window formation.

I like the classic style though, you should include some classic props to really bring out the feel of the building I would change the brick color scheme so it doesn’t blend in with the building?

2 Likes

This looks super great! One thing that could make it even better would be to add some supports to the edges of the house, because the second floor is a lot bigger than the first. (Unless, of course, you’re deliberately going for a gravity-defying look, in which case it’s perfect)

2 Likes

In my opinion, the small part medieval house will not be stable if the big part above it.
Btw looks great! :grin:

1 Like

I considered this at the start, but my current theme is very cartoony and unrealistic, so I felt if might have looked too realistic if I did.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! I will definitely change my window style and add some other things to the house. I plan to decorate and add props to the outside when I finish the layout of the game. I’m making it less bland as I speak!

Bumped due to an update. Welcome new people!

Where did you learn? I like it. Although I think that the facade of the house is missing more things. My English is not good, I hope you understand what I wrote. :sweat_smile:

Architecture’s definitely interesting.

With your approaches in mind, not really much I could give you about feedback.
I see some comments about adding a support bar at the right front corner over the small overhang roof, so you could add that small addition.

You don’t really need to add this, though a lot of medieval structures have that cobblestone base at the bottom. You could add that in terms of aesthetic, though this is optional.

It’s a pretty neat build, I really do adore medieval-themed builds.

1 Like

@ETLark
I am self-taught, so no one really helped me with things I could do in studio. Most of my builds come from reference pictures from either Google or Pinterest. Coming up with designs is very hard for me, so I suggest doing that if you want to become better.

@DominoContributing
I considered the beam at the start, but my current theme is very cartoony and unrealistic, so I decided not to. The cobblestone base does sound like a nice touch, I’ll adding it now to see what it looks like.

2 Likes

This is probably nitpicking but I feel like the way the house has smooth slopes combined with the blocky/spherical trees doesn’t really fit. The small details on the house also kind of look weird with the blockyness of the rest of it. The house on its own looks really good, but as jordonh23 said it doesn’t feel particularly medival. Again, I’m just nitpicking and that looks absolutely amazing.