Thoughts on my first Blender Gun?

So I recently finished my first gun in Blender and I was wondering if I could get some feedback/criticism on it. It is loosely based off of a DEAGLE pistol and it has 5 total parts. I chose not to texture it on purpose because I wanted it to match my current low-poly style in the game it’s going in.

Pics

7 Likes

Really nice gun man, i think adding curves would make it look a bit more realistic. But over-all nice job :smile:

1 Like

Perhaps the missing detail should be bevels on the corners of the gun. You’ll notice most guns in reality have some kind of rounded design around the handle.

Otherwise, the shape is alright.

That’s a really nice gun, especially for your first time. It would fit in a cartoony theme, but try adding more detail. :+1:

I feel like the handle is a little flat, but I don’t know anything about guns so I’m not sure if it’s accurate, still feels a little off but amazing job for a first-time model.

1 Like

Looks amazing, but what I would do is bevel the edges on the handle to give it some curvature :slight_smile:

I like your gun.
One improvement you could add is to round the corners of the handle, I think it’ll look better but that’s just my opinion.

For a first gun this is awesome. The grip looks quite weird. Did you use a spline to create it?

I am more of a “gun nerd”, so I’ll rate this by it’s accuracy. From the looks, the slide is actually connected to the front end of the pistol. Not accurate at all. The gun is way too thick, looks like a double stack .50 AE Desert Eagle. There isn’t a hammer, so I don’t know if this is striker fire or not. No rubber around the grip, shooting it will be a pain. No safety, which isn’t too great on a single action .50 AE. Sights are “odd” in my opinion. They look around a quarter inch wide, and it doesn’t even have any sort of sight picture.

Overall, I rate this gun a 3.5/10. Not the best, I’ve seen better, but also not the worst.