Thoughts on my GFX for my major project

Would love to hear your thoughts on my thumbnail and game icon for my major project - RoStreams [In-Development] - Roblox

5 Likes

Ro streams is a name of one of the phishing links the bots post its like rorewards or rostreams .io I think not exactly sure. but otherwise the gfx is nice.

1 Like

Is it? I don’t think so… It’s meant to be Roblox Streams pretty much; I don’t think it is one of those, but if it is, please DM me the link or so.

1 Like

I will try to find it when I get back on pc.

1 Like

Why do the two images have both different fonts, and different Roblox logo rotations? That’s just weird. You should have either one version or the other. The Roblox ‘O’ doesn’t fit in with the thumbnail text, either.

I like the composition of the icon, as the text is in a naturally dark area, but the text in the thumbnail is conflicting with the bright screens.

Also, a tiny thing, but the windows taskbar isn’t on the far left monitor, but from the right monitor we can tell that is supposed be on all of them lol

They’re all pretty good, though. The thumbnail just needs some fixing up :slight_smile:

Yeah, I think those are some good details… but the file is long gone now I think xD

A typical 10 year old Robloxian doesn’t look at these details, they just look at the overall image and say “Oh wow!! This is awesome!!” hence why we literally got a 0.85% CTR when I ran 1k to see how attracting the game icon was.

2 Likes

Interesting – but either way, you should be keeping your project files until you’re sure you’ll never use them again. There’s almost no point asking for feedback if you can’t do anything with it :wink:

1 Like

Yeah lol

2 Likes

Are you able to even upload the second one with getting the “Text too small” warning?

Personally, I think you should tilt the square O in the first image, and make the O in the second one slightly larger + making the font the same as the first.

Otherwise, very, very amazing job. I’d like to know what rendering software you used, your lighting setup in-scene, and what you’ve done when editing the roblox character meshes (the body, hair, etc)

2 Likes

Cinema 4D and Photoshop :slight_smile:

I believe, the lighting was behind the setup for the most part and there was some lighting appearing off the computer screens to reflect that the PC screen was on.

3 Likes

Render is decent, text fits in. I like how you added Roblox screenshots and sound foam. Looks pretty good

On the 1st image there appears to be a lot of noise around the stands of the computer monitors, but overall i like it, hair could’ve done with a gloss shader but its great :smile:

[edit] On further inspection, I notice there is rather a lot of noise on both renders, although not noticeable without giving it a good look.

what is the game link? (oh wait nvm) :man_facepalming:

Regardless of all the points, the title aka. Textfont/Logo Should always be the same, for any company, this is the most essential element and that’s literally your signature,

there is no way that a style in game icon, thumbnail, ingame, or a video trailer that have a different graphic to represent the game in the same time is acceptable

it confuses the player and just make it looks like you’re undecisive about it or unupdated.

1 Like